Sox eager to move Floyd, other notes

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:42 PM)
Complicated an hour and a half before the deadline usually ends with no deal.

exactly what i am thinking.. unfortunately bc i wouldnt mind seeing us deal gavin to upgrade the rotation

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:42 PM)
Complicated an hour and a half before the deadline usually ends with no deal.

True, but if there is a deal, it has likely been worked on for awhile and not just thrown together today. But you never know.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)
being as we havent heard one word about the white sox today leads me to believe kenny is working on something pretty big.. hes in stealth mode and i love it

I think its better PR and sells more tickets when its out there they are in on everybody.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)
being as we havent heard one word about the white sox today leads me to believe kenny is working on something pretty big.. hes in stealth mode and i love it

echoing another posters thoughs in a separate thread, I think KW may add a complimentary piece, but I think his big moves are done, and that's OK, he's added a lot for very little.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:50 PM)
I don't think a few hours before the trading deadline are a hot time to sell tickets. Fans aren't that finicky.

I'm talking overall. The "stealth" thing is OK, but I think its good to have the Sox out there in on everyone, even though we all know a lot of it will be BS, and have as many people possible discussing White Sox baseball.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
In a few minutes, MLB.com will be airing a Trade Dealine show. I'm assuming it's going to be simulcasted on MLB Network as well, but I don't have MLB Network. :(

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id...ent_id=23466717

MLB Network has been doing a Deadline show for past hour.

I'm still not buying it. The bottom line is that they have 3 starters who have durability concerns. Unless Williams is using Floyd as part of a deal to improve the starting rotation, I don't think there's a deal to be made in the next hour, and I willl be shocked if he's part of a deal for an upgrade on offense.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:08 PM)
Even if nothing happens, I just want to know what we were trying to do. lol

My guess is that they may be floating his name just to keep their name in conversations in case something unexpected comes up. I'm sure Kenny Williams has looked into every impact player he can that makes sense to the team, he probably doesn't give up easy.