Sox eager to move Floyd, other notes

southsider2k5

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
Nothin gonna happen. Thank God. Let's roll with what we have. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.

i wouldnt speak so soon.. we all said the same thing a couple hears ago.. and then about 10 minutes we got word that mr. jake peavy was finally a southsider

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
Nothin gonna happen. Thank God. Let's roll with what we have. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.

Sale has dead arm, Quintana and Floyd are getting lit up recently, and Liriano and Humber are huge question marks

let's stay put!!! yeeeeeeeeahhhhh!!!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:40 PM)
Have we heard the Sox mentioned even once yet today? I don't think we have. It's been WAAAAAAAy quiet from the Sox front office so far......

It's ridiculously quite. I at least expected an upgrade for the bench. Does this team really stick with Ray Olmedo as the backup infielder?

Have we heard the Sox mentioned even once yet today? I don't think we have. It's been WAAAAAAAy quiet from the Sox front office so far......

which IMO means kenny is without a doubt up to something.. i still think he pulls off a deal of some sort today

KW left his cellphone in a taxi last night and has been in line at Verizon all day waiting for a replacement.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:41 PM)
Sale has dead arm, Quintana and Floyd are getting lit up recently, and Liriano and Humber are huge question marks

Sale beat Texas last start. Floyd gave up 2 runs last start to Texas. That's really lit up. Qunitana had a bad first inning. Liriano and Humber are our 4 and 5 starters. Every team in baseball has question marks.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:41 PM)

I mean yeah, ideally it would be nice to add another SP, but who in that realm is getting moved? Dempster, but he's being a drama queen and possibly Garza, who has a legit question mark about his health.

It would be AWESOME to add the King or somebody of that ilk, but realistically that's likely not happening for any team.

They have made 3 trades though in a month, which is probably more than any team in baseball.

I agree he's working on something whether it gets done in 15 who the he'll knows. But the last 48 hours not a peep out of Whitesox camp