Sox want Grienke "badly"

southsider2k5

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 04:46 PM)
Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick

In his last 7 starts, James Shields has a 6.15ERA. He's allowed 62 hits in 45.1 innings. Not helping his trade market

No thanks for Shields

some scouts said he might just need a change of scenery, fathom mentioned how hes not getting slong with the pitching coach. hey maybe they can buy low on him, better than overpaying for greinke.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
Why do posters continue to tie posts together and assume? Dude said the only player he'd move "Tank" for was "The King". Nowhere in there did I say "holy s*** trade Tank for James Shields!"

I'm not understanding how that makes him delusional though. Of all the players rumored to be on the market or speculated to be on the market, "The King" is the only one that makes any sense.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 05:04 PM)
some scouts said he might just need a change of scenery, fathom mentioned how hes not getting slong with the pitching coach. hey maybe they can buy low on him, better than overpaying for greinke.

The upgrade of Shields over Humber probably gets us more wins in the regular season than going from Floyd to Greinke. However, I think KW is banking on the postseason and wants to run out Greinke-Q-Sale-Peavy (the order would be dependent upon who is hottest at the time) in the first round, thus the Greinke rumors.

I am confident that Kenny will replace Humber, if not by the 31st then through the waiver period. I just think Kenny is thinking bigger right now. IMO we'll at least get Dempster or Vargas before the deadline.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
Ken Rosenthal‏@Ken_Rosenthal

BREAKING: #Angels close to acquiring Zack Greinke from #Brewers, sources tell me and @jonmorosi.

Good. Let our competition overpay for him. Who does KW get now??

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:23 PM)
Well that sucks. Now we can have an even harder time beating AL contenders. Now we better do something, and not a Ryan Dempster. Now we can all watch how Impactful Zack really is. With that time to go out and get drunk.

Come on, who has a better 1-2-3 right now than us? We are in good shape and I think KW is actually deeper elsewhere.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)
This is where I tried to post, but posting drunk while trying to operate a tiny laptop with tiny little keys doesn't always work out. Time to go get more beer IMO.

Hahaha my kinda guy.

It does seem we need another solid starter to become "legit" contenders. I don't trust Humber at all & we all know how on/off Gavin can be. Plus going into the playoffs it would be tough to depend on Q to keep up his performances.

Sale & Peavy could be about as good a 1-2 punch there is in the playoffs (if we make it) so getting just a solid #3 pitcher would be a good pickup IMO (like a Fister last year for the Tigers). No need to gut the farm for ZG or Shields or the crackpipe dream of all dreams in Felix. If Q & Gavin perform well in the playoffs (if we make it) that's just gravy. Sale/Peavy/& #3 pitcher will determine how far we go in the playoffs.

& the bullpen of course, which I wouldn't mind adding another piece to.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)
f***ing Angels... always f***ing s*** up for us. This reminds me of Torii Hunter from years ago.

We actually had a shot at Hunter. We didn't stand much of a chance here.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:23 PM)
Well that sucks. Now we can have an even harder time beating AL contenders. Now we better do something, and not a Ryan Dempster. Now we can all watch how Impactful Zack really is. With that time to go out and get drunk.

Agreed. Ultimately, this is a bad thing for Sox fans.