Sox want Grienke "badly"

southsider2k5

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 11:45 PM)
I;m guessing it went like this:

Viciedo and....

Will Zack sign an extension?

No.

*hangs up*

As well it should be, and I'm thankful he didn't want to sign an extension with the Sox. 5 yrs, 100 million at a minimum is too much for him.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:46 PM)
If the DBacks are selling then why not give em a call about Ian Kennedy or Trevor Cahill?

I want the Dbacks to lose a few games this weekend. Kennedy was my "under the radar" pick.

Probably won't happen, but...

i wonder if the sox ever were heavily after him like everyone was saying. when you think about it just didnt make too much sense(in terms of resigning him, him wanting to be here, even stone said they werent going to get him) second, dont know those players well but if the sox could have offered better.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:41 PM)
So you're saying minor league relief prospects don't have value :)

Not in the eyes of Brewers they do not. Sox system is piss pour ranked very low do not overvalue guys because you are a Sox fan.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:51 PM)
i wonder if the sox ever were heavily after him like everyone was saying. when you think about it just didnt make too much sense(in terms of resigning him, him wanting to be here, even stone said they werent going to get him) second, dont know those players well but if the sox could have offered better.

Personally from all I know, they werent. But I could be wrong.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 07:50 PM)
Joe Saunders is interesting as well.

Yea if he was brought over with JJ Putz Id be all for it.

We do NOT need an ace like some are claiming. I will take my chances with Peavy/Sale in the first 2 games of a series, if we could just get a solid #3 pitcher to take some pressure off Q/Gavin down the stretch we should be fine.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:54 PM)
Yea if he was brought over with JJ Putz Id be all for it.

We do NOT need an ace like some are claiming. I will take my chances with Peavy/Sale in the first 2 games of a series, if we could just get a solid #3 pitcher to take some pressure off Q/Gavin down the stretch we should be fine.

shields isnt an ace.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:47 PM)
Yeah, whatever man. You make it sound like the guy never has a bad game and were willing to sell the Sox near future for 10 starts. What about that sample size? The fact is, and I know facts are something you have a hard time with when it comes to Greinke,1. the guy has some issues. 2. the guy didn't want to be a White Sox. 3. There's no guarantee he would have pitched at a Cy Young level if he were here based on numbers 1 and 2. and 4. he's gone through stretches where he hasn't been very good in each of the past 3 seasons. Its not worth what it would have cost for 10 f***ing starts. If the farm system was loaded, perhaps another story.

K. Well check the facts in October. And I'm not going to be sorry for being a guy that would like my team to go for it. I have been a season tickets holder for 16 years and seen one WS, and not seen a playoff game in 3 years. But I can't tell you how many prospects I've seen, most of them this board enotes as the future or untouchable. You're right, I'm not worried about next year, I'm not a Cubs fan. If we would have traded for ZG and he started "10 F***ing starts" got us to the postseason and won a WS. You wouldn't give a crap about who we gave up. You play to win the games.

You can keep crossing your fingers about relievers with 4 Eras, underperforming ML talent who have the same "problem" than Greinke, mentally weak. Difference is ZG is a disease he gets treatment for. So call him a whack job or whatever, a lot of people suffer from this disease. He can't help it. Beckham and Floyd are average players because they are mentally weak.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:56 PM)
K. Well check the facts in October. And I'm not going to be sorry for being a guy that would like my team to go for it. I have been a season tickets holder for 16 years and seen one WS, and not seen a playoff game in 3 years. But I can't tell you how many prospects I've seen, most of them this board enotes as the future or untouchable. You're right, I'm not worried about next year, I'm not a Cubs fan. If we would have traded for ZG and he started "10 F***ing starts" got us to the postseason and won a WS. You wouldn't give a crap about who we gave up. You play to win the games.

You can keep crossing your fingers about relievers with 4 Eras, underperforming ML talent who have the same "problem" than Greinke, mentally weak. Difference is ZG is a disease he gets treatment for. So call him a whack job or whatever, a lot of people suffer from this disease. He can't help it. Beckham and Floyd are average players because they are mentally weak.

Outstanding post.

You'll never go broke betting against prospects. Especially when those prospects are relievers and White Sox position players.

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)
Hellweg is a bullpen arm and Segura is a future utility guy.

The Angels did just fine.

Agreed and even if they are top prospects they will still be okay. They know the benefit of having an impact starter down the stretch run. They don't think of it as 10 starts, they see it as that plus a number of starts in the postseason and a WS ring. They have always gone for it and asked questions later. And they didn't even need SP but added cause they understand the value a shut down starter brings. Great move LA. Big blow to us and the rest of the AL.

Edited by Frank_Thomas35