What will Kenny do ?

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
Last year Fotenot's majority of appearances were at SS for the SF Giants. Here is his line as a SS.

Pos G GS CG Inn Ch PO A E DP Fld% Rtot Rdrs Rtot/yr Rdrs/yr RF/9 RF/G lgFld%

SS 50 43 27 365.0 158 51 100 7 20 .956 -4 -3 -12 -9 3.72 3.02 .971 4.40 4.38

He can play all three INF spots we need, SS/3B/2B and brings a over .300 career BA. I think this dude fits perfectly!

Fontenot is a career .265 hitter with 17 steals.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they think Danks pitches again this year:

Floyd + Septimo to PIT for Kevin Correia, Brad Lincoln, and Josh Harrison.

You then have Peavy-Sale-Danks-Liriano-Quintana-Correia-Humber to construct different rotations to keep injuries at bay. Correia/Humber could be used as swing-relievers late in the season when the lineup gets crowded.

Brad Lincoln steps into the bullpen with Jones going down to AAA.

Josh Harrison rounds out the bench: Hudson-Danks2-Harrison-Flowers

Edited by pktmotion

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 02:34 AM)

You then have Peavy-Sale-Danks-Liriano-Quintana-Correia-Humber to construct different rotations to keep injuries at bay. Correia/Humber could be used as swing-relievers late in the season when the lineup gets crowded.

Pittsburgh is taking on Danks contract even if he was completely healthy. There is no way they are taking his contract with him being currently injured.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 07:16 AM)
The Sox may be pretty well set with pitching. I would assume KW is looking for some infield help, but I doubt we see another major move.

Heyman was on Mulley and Hanely this am, and reiterated the fact KW is looking to try and find someone to trade for Gavin Floyd, and also reiterated KW is still one of the most active GMs out there. He said we are in on League, guess we will have to sit tight for another day or so. I think Kenny is still out there looking for a jaw dropper, just my opinion. I just get that feeling KW wanted the rush after a blockbuster like Grienke and he is like a gambler on a run, he wants that rush again. Not saying it will happen, I just think he has another impact move left before tomorrow at 3PM. Once we get closer to that 3 PM deadline the more you see GMs flinch and I think that's when Kenny is at his best.

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 02:34 AM)

We just need to quit thinking like this, and be pleasantly surprised if it happens.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 07:35 AM)
We just need to quit thinking like this, and be pleasantly surprised if it happens.

Yep. I am pretty much convinced Danks is done for the year. Call me crazy but I would much rather have KW keep Gavin Floyd because of that injury. Go with the 6-man rotation the rest of the way to preserve Sale and Peavy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 08:04 AM)
I also heard that Kenny is taking and making some phone calls with some teams around MLB.

It was reported that Kenny Williams was seen with a phone to his ear as he was walking.

I just have had this feeling that Kenny is going to hook Cliff Lee, I don't know how I just have a feeling. Reports are saying the Phillies have made him available.

Cliff Lee is in play in trade talks today, tweets ESPN's Buster Olney.  Olney considers the Rangers the most logical landing spot, and Joel Sherman of the New York Post names them the frontrunners.  Olney says the Yankees are not expected to be in the mix due to lack of budget space.  Sherman talked to one executive who expects Lee to be dealt by this month's deadline or in the offseason, to allow the Phillies to save money and add young players.  On Friday, Jon Heyman of CBS Sports wrote that the Phillies' lefty would not be traded this month.

MLBTR

I think KW is looking for a reliever and back up infielder. Its fun to speculate on huge pieces and if the deal was right, I'm sure he'd pull the trigger, but I'm thinking small pieces is what he's trying to accomplish. I think Lee is owed about $80 million the next 3 years. I think there's a better chance KW brings back Ozzie than Cliff Lee.

Maybe Darren Oliver . Omar Vizquel makes a lot of sense as a throw in.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 05:53 PM)
I think KW is looking for a reliever and back up infielder. Its fun to speculate on huge pieces and if the deal was right, I'm sure he'd pull the trigger, but I'm thinking small pieces is what he's trying to accomplish. I think Lee is owed about $80 million the next 3 years. I think there's a better chance KW brings back Ozzie than Cliff Lee.

reliever and back-up infielder sound right to me. i don't see a big deal.

and looking at the last year of lee's deal, no thanks.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 11:53 AM)

Agreed. So far KW has brought in players that have expirering contracts or options. KW has done a lot with very little financial flexibility. There is no way he can bring in that contract right now. They still need to figure out what to do with these guys this offseason too:

Floyd ($9.5 million option)

Peavy ($4 million buy out)

Pierzynski (Free Agent)

Youkilis ($13 million option)

Myers ($3 million buy out)

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 01:05 PM)
Agreed. So far KW has brought in players that have expirering contracts or options. KW has done a lot with very little financial flexibility. There is no way he can bring in that contract right now. They still need to figure out what to do with these guys this offseason too:

Floyd ($9.5 million option)

Peavy ($4 million buy out)

Pierzynski (Free Agent)

Youkilis ($13 million option)

Myers ($3 million buy out)

What will happen to those guys will depend a lot on whether the Sox can make the playoffs and what kind of ticket sales boost they get out of that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 12:07 PM)
What will happen to those guys will depend a lot on whether the Sox can make the playoffs and what kind of ticket sales boost they get out of that.

Yeah, I'm fairly positive Youk is already penciled in for next season.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 12:10 PM)
Yeah, I'm fairly positive Youk is already penciled in for next season.

I sure hope so. If anything maybe they can restructure his deal. I also want them to bring back A.J. I am not worried so much about Peavy, Floyd or even Liriano. I know KW has a knack of bringing in quality pitching.