What will Kenny do ?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 08:08 AM)
Whether they send Molina to winter ball probably depends a lot on innings. He's thrown 93 innings so far this year with a month to go. His tops was 130 last year. If they think one of the reasons he struggled this year is that his arm isn't built up yet, they'll hold him back from winterball. If they think that he needs the innings, they'll send him.

If he is healthy, he is a prime AFL candidate.

To return to the Thread topic; maybe K. W. pries "King Felix" out of Seattle. The Mariners need hitting, and aren't going anywhere for a couple of years.

They aren't going to compete for a playoff spot any time before Hernandez's expensive contract is up.

Could the Sox put together a package that would interest them?

They'll need an "Ace" caliber right hander next season to replace Peavy, who is not worth that $22 Million, one year option.

The Sox aren't going with a starting staff of 4 lefties next year. If they resign Liriano, and he's as good as hoped, they'll need to trade one of the lefties.

Would you give up Viciedo, Quintana and Floyd for Hernandez?

Would the Mariners?

I'd hate to lose Viciedo, but it would be tempting for Hernandez. We'd be the favorites to win the Central this year, and maybe for the next two after that.

Bring up Connor Jackson to play left the rest of the way, and use Jordan Danks as a defensive replacement. Jackson finally seems healthy again, and if so, he would certainly be adequate. Then there is always Dan Johnson for the LF spot opened up by Viciedo's departure.

Next year's staff of Sale, Hernandez, Liriano, Danks and one of Castro/Humber/Axelrod, or any other rhp, who wouldn't cost much, would be very formidable.

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)
To return to the Thread topic; maybe K. W. pries "King Felix" out of Seattle. The Mariners need hitting, and aren't going anywhere for a couple of years.

They aren't going to compete for a playoff spot any time before Hernandez's expensive contract is up.

They'll need an "Ace" caliber right hander next season to replace Peavy, who is not worth that $20 Million, one year option.

The Sox aren't going with a starting staff of 4 lefties next year. If they resign Liriano, and he's as good as hoped, they'll need to trade one of the lefties.

Would the Mariners?

I'd hate to lose Viciedo, but it would be tempting for Hernandez. We'd be the favorites to win the Central this year, and maybe for the next two after that.

Bring up Connor Jackson to play left the rest of the way, and use Jordan Danks as a defensive replacement. Jackson finally seems healthy again, and if so, he would certainly be adequate. Then there is always Dan Johnson for the LF spot opened up by Viciedo's departure.

FWIW, as of today morning, Mariners GM said King Felix will retire a Mariner.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 09:51 AM)
FWIW, as of today morning, Mariners GM said King Felix will retire a Mariner.

That seems like a pretty unrealistic proclamation for a player as young as he is.

Who knows what kind of contract he'll be wanting, and where the Mariners will be in 2015, when he becomes a free agent.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)

They'll need an "Ace" caliber right hander next season to replace Peavy, who is not worth that $20 Million, one year option.

Would the Mariners?

Next year's staff of Sale, Hernandez, Liriano, Danks and one of Castro/Humber/Santiago, or anyone else who wouldn't cost much, would be very formidable.

Made it to paragraph 4 before the obligatory Connor Jackson post.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:11 AM)
You would think that he would have learned how to spell his name right by now

Yes, you would think that "she" would have learned by now that it's "Conor".

Sorry. Thanks.

Edited by Lillian

It's Eriely quiet out there right now for KW on a deadline day. Usually there is some kind of rumors going around or talk out there about the Sox, but nothing the past two days. It's odd with KW comments after The Liriano trade. I can't remember the Sox being this quiet on a deadline since we landed peavy at the wire a few years ago. Either something is up or nothing it up lol

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 11:26 AM)
It's Eriely quiet out there right now for KW on a deadline day. Usually there is some kind of rumors going around or talk out there about the Sox, but nothing the past two days. It's odd with KW comments after The Liriano trade. I can't remember the Sox being this quiet on a deadline since we landed peavy at the wire a few years ago. Either something is up or nothing it up lol

I agree...nothing even brewing, no news, something is up!

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 12:42 PM)
I agree...nothing even brewing, no news, something is up!

You could have said that all last winter and nothing was up. I think the people who think KW is planning on adding King Felix, Cliff Lee, Justin Upton and a few others to the roster are going to be a little dissappointed at 3 pm. The heavy lifting has already been done. I think he's looking for complimentary pieces some of which may be available after the deadline when more teams will be out.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 12:47 PM)
You could have said that all last winter and nothing was up. I think the people who think KW is planning on adding King Felix, Cliff Lee, Justin Upton and a few others to the roster are going to be a little dissappointed at 3 pm. The heavy lifting has already been done. I think he's looking for complimentary pieces some of which may be available after the deadline when more teams will be out.

I agree, I don't expect a large move, it just wouldn't shock me. I would be happy with staying pat honestly, but it would be excited to double down again.