King Felix to the Sox??

SOXOBAMA

I was looking at the numbers of Gavin Floyd vs. Zack Grienke and besides 2009 for Grienke, I was not that convinced that he was that much better than Floyd? How would you compare them? -- Dan Hebreard, Woodridge

It's a no-brainer for me. Greinke is much, much better. And don't out Felix Hernandez. Seattle had one of their top scouts at the Sox's series against Minnesota

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...,0,819977.story

I know that this is probably a pipe dream but this could be the "Chicago Tough" guy, that KW was talking about.

This deal sounds a lot more of a KW deal

Edited by southsider2k5

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Youkilis and Quintana (back) to Yankees for Chavez, Betances/Banuelos and another 3-7 prospect in their top 10

Beckham to 3B, acquire either Weeks/Greinke from Milwaukee OR

Acquire Hernandez/Ackley from Seattle for all the Yankees prospects, Reed/Jones, Thompson/Mitchell/Walker

Come on no chance. Seatle is a long long way from success. Sox are probably looking at bullpen help. Or maybe Figgins to take Beckham's spot after we get Grienke.

If SEA is trading The King the are getting a King Ransom of young stud prospects like a return we have never seen. If he is available it's everyone for themselves, NY isn't helping us with Spects for him. And too many teams have the farms to get it done in a second IMO.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 10:28 PM)
Come on no chance. Seatle is a long long way from success. Sox are probably looking at bullpen help. Or maybe Figgins to take Beckham's spot after we get Grienke.

If SEA is trading The King the are getting a King Ransom of young stud prospects like a return we have never seen. If he is available it's everyone for themselves, NY isn't helping us with Spects for him. And too many teams have the farms to get it done in a second IMO.

KW should be fired for acquiring Chone Figgins.

I'm sure it won't happen.

Yeah, it came from a White Sox mailbag to Mark Gonzales. Everyone's getting caught up in speculating...with Ichiro going, the Marlins' situation, just about ANYTHING seems possible, but on trade day it's usually a massive fizzle out.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 12:23 AM)
Youkilis and Quintana (back) to Yankees for Chavez, Betances/Banuelos and another 3-7 prospect in their top 10

Beckham to 3B, acquire either Weeks/Greinke from Milwaukee OR

Acquire Hernandez/Ackley from Seattle for all the Yankees prospects, Reed/Jones, Thompson/Mitchell/Walker

We would be getting royally screwed.

Banuelos has been out since early this year with some sort of elbow injury and Betances has been pretty awful in the minors. Both of their prospect statuses have taken major hits this year

King Felix would be awesome, but he's already making a ton of money and would still cost us a ton of talent. Probably Viciedo, Quintana, and at least three top prospects. If he was making less money and was under control for 3-4 years, then I'd definitely pay a ton for him. The problem is we can bring back Peavy next year for a fraction more and keep all our young talent. Not worth the price IMO.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 08:22 AM)
We would be getting royally screwed.

Banuelos has been out since early this year with some sort of elbow injury and Betances has been pretty awful in the minors. Both of their prospect statuses have taken major hits this year

The Sox organization specializes in fixing fallen prospects.

I remember the rumor a few weeks back about the White Sox having interest in Betances. KW could easily sell some of our current MLB talent for a contending teams prospects and then flip them in a frankenstein type creation package for a top flight SP like Hernandez. That would be incredible. Also Seattle is open for business as far as I know, look at Ichiro.

They have guys like Danny Hultzen in AAA that I bet they're dying to bring up into their rotation.

QUOTE (Jeff Liefer @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 08:34 AM)
I remember the rumor a few weeks back about the White Sox having interest in Betances. KW could easily sell some of our current MLB talent for a contending teams prospects and then flip them in a frankenstein type creation package for a top flight SP like Hernandez. That would be incredible. Also Seattle is open for business as far as I know, look at Ichiro.

They have guys like Danny Hultzen in AAA that I bet they're dying to bring up into their rotation.

Ichiro asked his own Japanese ownership group to let him go, preferably to the Yankees.

He had an OPS under Beckham and Viciedo with less power, and a huge contract few teams could pick up.

They are not into rebuilding completely, but they're clearly frustrated with Ackley and Smoak regressing.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 09:37 AM)
Lots of people suggesting flip trades, but remember, there were rumors back around the time of the EJax acquisition that KW got screwed in between one of those. He may be gun shy, and really, those sorts of things rarely happen and are hard to pull off.

Step one. Don't deal with asshole GMs.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
A Seattle top scout wouldn't be scouting the Sox, if it was for Figgins, bullpen help or even Vargas. He would be scouting our minor league system.

It depends on what teams think of Q. If teams are pretty high on Q, then getting a major league cost controlled lefty who is a #3 starter. Well, thats pretty solid value right there. Add in a guy like Addy or Nate Jones, plus 2 of Mitchell, etc. And that isn't a bad haul. It isn't a great haul either though. But the Mariners would get some major league help. Problem is, I'm not dealing a guy like Felix unless I'm getting 2 very high upside guys and I don't know if the Sox can offer that.

I guess if the deal is Quintana, Viciedo, Mitchell (or someone like him) and Nate Jones, the Mariners would be willing to accept. But at that point, I don't know if you've done all that much to help the team.

Yeah, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for us.

Felix is owed about $46 million through 2014, and the cost-controlled guys we could give them are needed by us right now.

We don't have enough to get him without some of those guys, and Kenny isn't going to take a risk of trading too much of the current roster away.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 09:59 AM)
I guess if the deal is Quintana, Viciedo, Mitchell (or someone like him) and Nate Jones, the Mariners would be willing to accept. But at that point, I don't know if you've done all that much to help the team.

I want King Felix just as bad as the next White Sox fan, but screw that. I'm keeping Viciedo. Now throw Beckham in there instead of Viciedo and you may have a deal.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 11:41 AM)
I want King Felix just as bad as the next White Sox fan, but screw that. I'm keeping Viciedo. Now throw Beckham in there instead of Viciedo and you may have a deal.

Lol, Beckham is NOT a good replacement for Viciedo. They are on opposite ends of the trade value spectrum.