SOX GAMETHREAD: TAKING YU DOWN FOR THE 4 COUNT

Kyyle23

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 08:21 PM)
Typically you change your mechancis when your arm hurts. Not when there is no pain and the velocity is just down. Especially if you are being told its a "dead arm", don't do anything else.

Trust me, I tore my rotator cuff in high school and before finally having surgery on it, I tried to pitch threw and screwed everything up. Thankfully I was never very good and didn't need to throw a mid 80's fastball to advance professionally (cause if I did, i'd be screwed cause I can barely hit 65 now, haha.

I hope your right. I tore my labrum. Not fun at all.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
It's got to be impossible for the Sox staff to project what will happen with Sale this year. He's a very unique pitcher in a unique situation.

That is true. They have probably put a lot of time planning the best way to handle him, though. Especially after what happened earlier in the season when they seemed to be a little confused on how to handle him, I bet they are working to be prepared for whatever happens. They could be wrong with what they decide, but they are weighing all the options.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:23 PM)
I hope your right. I tore my labrum. Not fun at all.

I'm assuming as soon as you had pain, you started tweaking, etc. Basically doing whatever you could to minimize the pain when you throw.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
I'm assuming as soon as you had pain, you started tweaking, etc. Basically doing whatever you could to minimize the pain when you throw.

Yep. Doc said I did more damage doing that

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)
Yep. Doc said I did more damage doing that

Thats why it is so important for Sale to communicate and for Coop to really watch him. If you see him dropping his elbow or changing things, you don't have him there. Given that he hasn't, thats a pretty good sign (all things considered). My guess is he goes another start (assuming he doesn't have pain) and then if he doesn't see his velocity recover from there, they then take attempt two, which would be to sit him for a week or two and just rest the muscles, etc.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 02:27 AM)
Thats why it is so important for Sale to communicate and for Coop to really watch him. If you see him dropping his elbow or changing things, you don't have him there. Given that he hasn't, thats a pretty good sign (all things considered). My guess is he goes another start (assuming he doesn't have pain) and then if he doesn't see his velocity recover from there, they then take attempt two, which would be to sit him for a week or two and just rest the muscles, etc.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he starts against the Twins next week

Moyer/Buehrle/Glavine version of Sale.

Reached back for 91.

One would imagine if his elbow was hurting, he wouldn't be able to throw the slider/curve.

Has to be the dreaded "dead arm" thing, and it's understandable. Quintana will probably go through it soon, too.

Edited by caulfield12