SOX GAMETHREAD: THERE WILL BE NO NICKNAMES HERE, ONLY WINS

Kyyle23

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
Escobar 6, Youk 5, Dunn DH, Konerko 3, Rios 9, Viciedo 7, Flowers 2, Beckham 4, Danks 8, Humber P.

No ADA or Alexei, AJ still out.

Yeah, we're not winning this one. Jinx?

boom, highlighted as requested

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:49 AM)
Not really. His defense did it for him. There was only one ball that wasn't hit hard that inning.

Who cares, he got the job done against some of the best hitters in baseball (and with little room for error).

Sox are sooo streaky. Now streaking on the good side of the ledger. It's amazing how bad this team can look in racking up defeat after defeat. And how good it can look playing like it has lately. There should be no complaining Sunday if we lose. At some point Texas is gonna beat the White Sox. Great series no matter what happens Sunday. Team should play very relaxed trying for the sweep.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:51 AM)
I do not agree defense bailed his ass out!

Last night? Konerko made a nice play on a difficult grounder (not that it was hit hard), and Rios caught a line drive hit right at him. It was nice to see Thornton luck out for once, as he usually gets hurt by bloopers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 09:51 PM)
2 of 3 stellar starts for Humber since he's returned, and he's faced 3 of the best lineups in baseball in all 3 of these games

Hope PH has cleared the hump.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)
2 of 3 stellar starts for Humber since he's returned, and he's faced 3 of the best lineups in baseball in all 3 of these games

I felt like tonight he was effectively wild. Didn't think he was particularly crisp. If you watched where Flowers was setting up, and then where Humber was throwing it, he certainly was missing his location a lot.

Texas is scuffling. They aren't hitting the ball particularly well right now and I think tonight we saw that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)
Does Thornton get credit for a save since it was a 3 run game when the game ended? :)

Who says he can't close!

No save he entered in non save situation.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
I felt like tonight he was effectively wild. Didn't think he was particularly crisp. If you watched where Flowers was setting up, and then where Humber was throwing it, he certainly was missing his location a lot.

Texas is scuffling. They aren't hitting the ball particularly well right now and I think tonight we saw that.

I agree with this post. The Rangers are not hitting like they usually do. Sox caught them at a good time.