Sox land Liriano

cabiness42

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
Seriously... for Escobar, Hernandez, Heidenreich, Walters, Lillibridge and Stewart... we got Myers, Liriano and Youk, and some cash offsets. Um, yeah, Ill take that.

That is so full of win, it isn't even funny.

I know as a Sox fan this may be biased, but KW has secured executive of the year with his acquisitions of Youk, Myers, and Liriano. We've lost literally nothing of importance and picked up 3 key pieces to fill enormous holes on our team. No veteran presence in the pen, let's go ahead and snag Brett Myers for a couple marginal prospects. A giant hole at 3b currently filled by a developing player with major health issues, let's trade a utility player not doing s*** and a AAAA pitcher for a 3-time All Star 3b who is still young enough to make an impact (and has). Danks is hurt and Humber is pitching like s***, let me pick up a dominant lefty starter with hella potential for another utility guy and a scrub minor leaguer.

KW is god. It's official.

I love this deal. I really hope we can sign Liriano to an extension....he's getting back to where he needs to be.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 10:26 PM)
That's the #2 scenario for me, a trade. Morel is my #1 guess. Saladino coming up would be about #6, behind Morel, trade, Johnson/Jackson, maybe even Kuhn.

Forgot about Kuhn. He could make sense too.

But whatever KW's doing, I'll take it.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 11:26 PM)
I know as a Sox fan this may be biased, but KW has secured executive of the year with his acquisitions of Youk, Myers, and Liriano. We've lost literally nothing of importance and picked up 3 key pieces to fill enormous holes on our team. No veteran presence in the pen, let's go ahead and snag Brett Myers for a couple marginal prospects. A giant hole at 3b currently filled by a developing player with major health issues, let's trade a utility player not doing s*** and a AAAA pitcher for a 3-time All Star 3b who is still young enough to make an impact (and has). Danks is hurt and Humber is pitching like s***, let me pick up a dominant lefty starter with hella potential for another utility guy and a scrub minor leaguer.

I love this deal. I really hope we can sign Liriano to an extension....he's getting back to where he needs to be.

Pretty much sums it up I think.

Even though I cant stand Billy Beane, I bet he gets the award though.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 10:20 PM)
Really doubt it, he's struggled a lot this year.

Take a look at his home/road splits. He has almost a 900 OPS away from Regions.

Something about that park..

Anyways they don't need him to be great, just to start 4 or 5 games and pinch run.

It's kinda funny seeing KW make three trades with the biggest question mark being Brett Myers' character. EVEN IF one of the guys we traded makes it big (and the odds are against it) there is no way you can't say that these three deals were all deals that needed to be made with the personnel we put on the table.