Sox land Liriano

cabiness42

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 10:29 PM)
I'm so excited...I think under Cooper, Liriano has a chance to be the best SP that was acquired at the break by far.

Absolutely. Yes, he had TJ surgery. So did Strasburg. A lot of guys come back stronger from TJ. Liriano was on my wishlist but never thought the Twins would trade him to the Sox. The fact that they did could mean great things for this franchise the next few seasons if we can re-sign him.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
just saw this too, could work out to be a good pick up, fingers crossed we get the good Liriano.

Let's hope Liriano is motivated by playing for a contending team.

Does anyone know why he's been so bad this year? Has it been lack of motivation? Injury? Is he tipping his pitches? Just one of those years? How has his velocity been?

Bob

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
Absolutely. Yes, he had TJ surgery. So did Strasburg. A lot of guys come back stronger from TJ. Liriano was on my wishlist but never thought the Twins would trade him to the Sox. The fact that they did could mean great things for this franchise the next few seasons if we can re-sign him.

According to Baseball Reference Liriano is "3rd year Arbitration eligible" I'm not sure if that means we can offer Arb or he is automatically a free agent. Anyone know for sure?

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 10:37 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin

Very emotional Escobar saying good-bye to a lot of players who really respected that young man. He should get more playing time in Minn

You have to be happy for Escobar too, he filled in admirably and should get more time on the field in Minnesota.

Very emotional Escobar saying good-bye to a lot of players who really respected that young man. He should get more playing time in Minn

that sucks, he seemed like a great guy

I would assume Liriano will start on Monday at his old stomping grounds. Escobar is going to like playing for that team.

Phil Rogers ‏@ChiTribRogers

Kenny Williams, like the Angels' Jerry DiPoto, is on quite a roll in acquiring mid-season talent. Williams filled ...

JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm

Trade Deadline Winners thus far: 1. Angels 2. Dodgers 3. White Sox 4. Tigers 5. Yankees 6. Pirates

Edited by SOXOBAMA

The unfortunate side of trades, Escobar I wish you an amazing career. Unless you are playing the sox. Thanks for tonight and we hope to repay you with your very own World Series Ring in April.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:44 AM)
The Tigers gave up Jacob Turner and a high level catching prospect to get Annibal Sanchez. We have up Eduardo Escobar and Pedro Hernandez to get Francisco Liriano.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

#WhiteSox's plan is for Liriano to start. Team trying to protect its starters. Will slide him in to give others an extra day of rest or two.

No f***ing s*** Rosenthal, they didnt get him to be a setup guy