SOX GAMETHREAD: SWEEP FOR SIX

Kyyle23

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 02:44 AM)
Just remember we played this game without 2 of our 3 regular left handed hitting starters.

Feldman's handled lefties this year, it's righties that have crushed him. With that said, it will do wonders for this team to get AJP back in the lineup to balance it out.

There's one player on the Sox that I think struggles with the mental aspect of the game, and it's not Gavin. It's the player who everyone predicted would fail in his new spot in the batting order, and he has.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 01:45 AM)
All this "mentally weak" stuff about Gavin is such garbage.

He's an OK starter, not amazing. I don't see why an interesting narrative has to be created about each particular guy

Yep. When Gavin has his A game going there aren't many better. You don't just give up on talent like that

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 08:47 PM)
There's one player on the Sox that I think struggles with the mental aspect of the game, and it's not Gavin. It's the player who everyone predicted would fail in his new spot in the batting order, and he has.

Thornton is worse.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 02:50 AM)
Thornton is worse.

Thornton's situation isn't that rare though. There have been a lot of relievers over the years that were better suited for the 8th inning and didn't have a closer's mentality.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 01:51 AM)
Thornton's situation isn't that rare though. There have been a lot of relievers over the years that were better suited for the 8th inning and didn't have a closer's mentality.

I think this observation does make sense. Comfort zone or whatever, but there is a different mindset to be the closer