SOX GAMETHREAD: SWEEP FOR SIX

Kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 06:00 PM)
I'd love to see a back-up catcher brought in, but it's doubtful based on how Flowers has performed defensively. The scary thing is if AJ re-injures his oblique, and you're left trying to find a catcher on the waiver wire.

Don't we have anyone who can hit it out of the infield down in the minors?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 01:02 AM)
gotta give props to Floyd, pitching a lot better than I thought he would especially given the k-zone and zero run support

with that said, can't wait til he's traded

I can't picture any scenario where Floyd is traded. Sale's being skipped a few starts, so you need 6 starters.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)
Hearing the Texas feed is kinda cool. Did you know that in Texas the Ranger games on radio are FM, btw?

Speaking of the radio....Does anybody know if MLB.com has a block on smartphone apps from listening to the games? I have the TuneIn radio app & 670 the score works just fine but whenever the Sox games start it switches to something else. :(

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
Speaking of the radio....Does anybody know if MLB.com has a block on smartphone apps from listening to the games? I have the TuneIn radio app & 670 the score works just fine but whenever the Sox games start it switches to something else. :(

try WSPL

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)
I know no one wants to hear it, but 6 IP, 2 ER against the Rangers lineup isn't bad at all.

And he gave up 1 earned runs (and you could argue it should be 0 earned). But the complainers will complain. With the way people post about Gavin you'd think he'd have an ERA over 6. Not only under 4.3.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 01:10 AM)
And he gave up 0 earned runs. But the complainers will complain. With the way people post about Gavin you'd think he'd have an ERA over 6. Not only under 4.3.

He's a better option than anyone the Sox could possibly trade for right now.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 08:10 PM)
And he gave up 0 earned runs. But the complainers will complain. With the way people post about Gavin you'd think he'd have an ERA over 6. Not only under 4.3.

They gave Gavin an ER on that. No error.