Brandon League Traded to the Dodgers

Baron

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 12:33 PM)
Jon Morosi is saying the Mariners want a bat for League. Would you trade Carlos Sanchez?

edit: League's WHIP is 1.444. Meh...

Absolutely not. Sanchez is a very good middle infield prospect and trading him for a mediocre reliever would be stupid. Kenny's beauty this year has been the fact that he's gone bargain shopping and filled needs without giving up major chips. Trading Sanchez for League would be stupid. What is League's contract situation?

I like League's stuff, but I'm not trading a really good minor leaguer for him.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)
3:03pm: There's some scuttlebutt in high circles that the Giants are the team getting League, Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports (on Twitter). But it's not a sure thing.

Even that guy says he doesnt have any direct information. No one knows at this point sounds like.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)
League's not bad. His K numbers are way down from last year and his walks are up, but he's kept the ball in the park.

Safeco is why he's kept it in the park. Meh peripherals this year - BB/9 is 3.9 this year. Why take on another problem? There have to be better answers out there besides Brandon League.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:08 PM)
Safeco is why he's kept it in the park. Meh peripherals this year - BB/9 is 3.9 this year. Why take on another problem? There have to be better answers out there besides Brandon League.

cant be that bad:

He lost the closer's job in May, but has pitched to a 1.96 ERA with twice as many strikeouts as walks since the beginning of June. His fastball averages 95.2 mph, according to FanGraphs.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
cant be that bad:

He lost the closer's job in May, but has pitched to a 1.96 ERA with twice as many strikeouts as walks since the beginning of June. His fastball averages 95.2 mph, according to FanGraphs.

He has a big league arm and is the type of reliever I'd like in a full-season. But he has flaws and with Myers, Reed, Crain, and Nate Jones, I'm not about to give up a top 5 prospect in our system for a reliever who I believe walks at the end of the year.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:19 PM)
If you're Loria, and KW offers you to swap one year of Johnson for one year of Floyd, at $4M+ less, and agrees to give you Reed and good prospects in return, do you take the bait?

moar starters! 13 man rotation!

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:19 PM)
If you're Loria, and KW offers you to swap one year of Johnson for one year of Floyd, at $4M+ less, and agrees to give you Reed and good prospects in return, do you take the bait?

Good question, reports say he's looking for a huge package. But as we have seen you never know with Loria. It could be tempting. Ozzie would probably not want Gavin for anything though.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
Good question, reports say he's looking for a huge package. But as we have seen you never know with Loria. It could be tempting. Ozzie would probably not want Gavin for anything though.

Very possible, although I doubt Ozzie is anything more than a "yes" man in Florida at this point. Loria has his hand on the plug, and when he pulls it, Ozzie's baseball career officially goes bye-bye.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)
Very possible, although I doubt Ozzie is anything more than a "yes" man in Florida at this point. Loria has his hand on the plug, and when he pulls it, Ozzie's baseball career officially goes bye-bye.

Good point, Ozzie kinda has to bend down and take it. Atleast his managing career will be over a short time, most likely would work for MLB network or Fox.