Brandon League Traded to the Dodgers

Baron

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 04:50 PM)
gavin floyd's name has come up in other #chisox talks. at the moment, they are the most interesting team.

3:46pm - 29 Jul 12

As others claimed, the only way I part with Gavin is if he brought us back a big catch. (Gavin + Prospects of course)

KW def knows how to keep this :headbang fanbase from being bored :headbang

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what anyone says about Kenny Williams. This guy always makes the deadline fun for us Whitesox fans. The guy is always active and atleast for me, I love this about KW. Let's see what he does, you know when KW said last night "time to shut the phone off" was just another KWism for watch me save my best move for last and really tell all you guys to F..k off and doubt me again.

I don't know where you get the looks like. I don't think the Sox are trading Floyd, unless it is for an impact starter who will replace him (and obviously Sox would also give up some other guys). It isn't like they are going to turn Floyd for prospects right now. That would be pretty foolish. Liriano does give the Sox the luxury to talk about moving Floyd for a non-starter though (again, I don't think they'd consider moving him for another other then an impact player or two).

Would the Mariners consider trading Ackley, given his struggles this year? Ackley and League for Floyd and Beckham?

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)
gavin floyd's name has come up in other #chisox talks. at the moment, they are the most interesting team.

3:46pm - 29 Jul 12

The one man rumor mill lives on! If Floyd is going somewhere it better be for a substantial piece back, I would be nervous with our current rotation minus Gavin. But who knows, the Liriano move could mean the Sox are offering Humber or Floyd to the highest bidder.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
I don't know where you get the looks like. I don't think the Sox are trading Floyd, unless it is for an impact starter who will replace him (and obviously Sox would also give up some other guys). It isn't like they are going to turn Floyd for prospects right now. That would be pretty foolish. Liriano does give the Sox the luxury to talk about moving Floyd for a non-starter though (again, I don't think they'd consider moving him for another other then an impact player or two).

Would the Mariners consider trading Ackley, given his struggles this year? Ackley and League for Floyd and Beckham?

I don't even think I'd do that...Ackley may be younger then Beckham but I'd considering that pretty much a wash and trading a year and half of a starter for half a year of a reliever?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 01:55 PM)
Jones, Mitchell, prospects for Floyd, something else for Felix and League would be big.

That isn't enough. Need to add more. Maybe in a 3 team deal with Baltimore getting Floyd and giving up a top prospect plus another solid prospect. And of course Sox would probably include Addison Reed as well.

On a sidenote, although I throughly applaud KW for being active. You have to wonder if too many more moves affects this great chemistry established. Granted you check the egos at the door, this team is really close and took Escy's departure hard. I just dint want this team being affected from the swagger they have shown all year

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
On a sidenote, although I throughly applaud KW for being active. You have to wonder if too many more moves affects this great chemistry established. Granted you check the egos at the door, this team is really close and took Escy's departure hard. I just dint want this team being affected from the swagger they have shown all year

Yeah, this is true. It's the price you pay for not having a strong farm system. You have to trade guys on the team.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:08 PM)
I wonder if Morel is being used as a chip. Not sure the value, but if his back is better, someone might take a chance on him. Could even be the type of guy you flip for a younger solid utility guy.

Morel's health make it very hard to include him in any deal.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
That isn't enough. Need to add more. Maybe in a 3 team deal with Baltimore getting Floyd and giving up a top prospect plus another solid prospect. And of course Sox would probably include Addison Reed as well.

Considering what they've turned down previously for Felix, I'd say our package would have to be, Reed, Viciedo, Q, and a pick of any guy or two they want that current plays for a minor league affiliate of ours.

It's hard to imagine the Sox doing enough for King Felix. Figgins with League and a ton of cash from Seattle is another KW move though. Figgins would make a nice bench player for us given that Eduardo has mainly been playing 3B laqte with Youk going to first, and that's something Robin likes to do. Figgins could PR for PK/Dunn and go in on defense.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
It's hard to imagine the Sox doing enough for King Felix. Figgins with League and a ton of cash from Seattle is another KW move though. Figgins would make a nice bench player for us given that Eduardo has mainly been playing 3B laqte with Youk going to first, and that's something Robin likes to do. Figgins could PR for PK/Dunn and go in on defense.

Figgins isn't very good. Giving up anything of value for those two would be terrible. If you are getting them for nothing, great. I still wonder if the Sox look at Utley.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
looking at leagues numbers over the years, it's shocking how few bats the guy misses considering his stuff.

I was surprised when I saw that he only K'd 6.6/9 last season.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 04:13 PM)
This time of year is like CHRISTMAS to me.....When the Sox are in the hunt of course. :cheers

I still remember the 09 deadline. The deadline had passed and I was pissed. We didn't get anyone.

Then Bob Nightengale tweeted that we got Peavy (again) and Soxtalk crashed. Haha.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 04:08 PM)
Figgins isn't very good. Giving up anything of value for those two would be terrible. If you are getting them for nothing, great. I still wonder if the Sox look at Utley.

I don't think you really do have to give up anything for him. Not that any team loves to eat almost an entire bad contract, but it might do Seattle some good just to do that and put that bad deal behind them.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 04:15 PM)
I still remember the 09 deadline. The deadline had passed and I was pissed. We didn't get anyone.

Then Bob Nightengale tweeted that we got Peavy (again) and Soxtalk crashed. Haha.

Hopefuly we can get another crash, this time in reaction to Felix

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
Who would you guys say is the most credible reporter out there regarding trade rumors?

Nightengale?...Buster?...Rosenthal?

Heyman, Rosenthal, and Olney are all good IMO.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
Who would you guys say is the most credible reporter out there regarding trade rumors?

Nightengale?...Buster?...Rosenthal?

Rosenthal/Morosi, Nightengale, and Heyman are all pretty solid.