DING-DONG THE METRODOME IS DEAD- Sox/Twins game thread

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 07:44 PM)
This is why KW will get us another starting pitcher before the deadline. Even with Frankie this staff just has too many questions.

Somehow, I have a feeling we end up with Dempster, don't know how it will happen, though.

Right now, you have no idea what to think about Sale or Quintana going forward.

Quintana's fastball was there, he was up to 91, it was his location and getting behind in the count that killed. That and a dinker that Alexei couldn't handle and Revere beating the defense to the opposite field with Viciedo playing tight.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 07:47 PM)
Somehow, I have a feeling we end up with Dempster, somehow.

Right now, you have no idea what to think about Sale or Quintana going forward.

Quintana's fastball was there, he was up to 91, it was his location and getting behind in the count that killed. That and a dinker that Alexei couldn't handle and Revere beating the defense to the opposite field with Viciedo playing tight.

We are probably overreacting after one inning. But for the exact points you brought up with Sale and Q, and even Peavy or Danks. I just don't think Kenny is comfortable yet. I still think Demp winds up in LA but it wouldn't shock me if we somehow land a big name starter. Maybe Johnson or Garza. Who knows I just think we need another proven SP who has pitched in the MLs in August and September in the last two years lol. Get a SP and utility guy call it a day.

BTW GB is looking better at the plate the last few games. And Alexi has to get his head out of his behind out there in the field.