DING-DONG THE METRODOME IS DEAD- Sox/Twins game thread

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 08:30 PM)
Farmer keeps accusing DeVries of going to his left forearm when the umps are not looking....

Said it could be something or it could be nothing.

Farmer is the worst announcer in baseball

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 08:27 PM)
Please don't tell me you're talking about what would have been if Escobar was still here

Absolutely not, what I'm talking about is having the ability to hold a guy like Alexi responsible for his defensive mental lapses the past two games. You take him out sit him on the bench and I can promise he wouldnt do it again. Problem is you take Lexi out his spot in the order is an automatic out. Just be nice to have a guy to come off the bench who can carry a stick. If nothing else to give the guy a mental break every once in a whole.

I am very much in favor of the Lirano trade as per all my posts since, just saying the way we have mentally gave teams life by mental errors needs to stop. And Robin needs to send a meAsage but it's hard when you don't have the tools to do such. I'm old school and when a guy plays like Alexi has the past two games he's is taking a seat next to me on the bench

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:34 AM)
Absolutely not, what I'm talking about is having the ability to hold a guy like Alexi responsible for his defensive mental lapses the past two games. You take him out sit him on the bench and I can promise he wouldnt do it again. Problem is you take Lexi out his spot in the order is an automatic out. Just be nice to have a guy to come off the bench who can carry a stick. If nothing else to give the guy a mental break every once in a whole.

I am very much in favor of the Lirano trade as per all my posts since, just saying the way we have mentally gave teams life by mental errors needs to stop. And Robin needs to send a meAsage but it's hard when you don't have the tools to do such. I'm old school and when a guy plays like Alexi has the past two games he's is taking a seat next to me on the bench

Good post about not having suitable bench players

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 08:34 PM)

You pull that s*** and you lose your veterans.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 08:34 PM)

I am very much in favor of the Lirano trade as per alSittl my posts since, just saying the way we have mentally gave teams life by mental errors needs to stop. And Robin needs to send a meAsage but it's hard when you don't have the tools to do such. I'm old school and when a guy plays like Alexi has the past two games he's is taking a seat next to me on the bench

Sitting him will ensure he will never make an errot again?

QUOTE (Illini115 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
Farmer is the worst announcer in baseball

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 08:34 PM)
/opinion

I'm sure there quite a few who'd agree.

Oh how I miss john Rooney...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 08:36 PM)
Sitting him will ensure he will never make an errot again?

Hopefully it would correct the lackadaisical effort every once in a while by Ramirez, but he's still the best option by far.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 08:35 PM)
You pull that s*** and you lose your veterans.

That's a joke, it's been happening since baseball was invented. It's sending a message, I'm not saying send a defensive replacement in that inning right after it happens (although that has happened, and that I feel is unprofessional) but when he comes in after the 1/2 inning you pull him to the side and very "politely" let him know he can spend the rest of the game on the bench thinking about whatever is so important it's taken from your focus on the field. A guy is not going to lose his snit over this unless he is soft.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 08:39 PM)
That's a joke, it's been happening since baseball was invented. It's sending a message, I'm not saying send a defensive replacement in that inning right after it happens (although that has happened, and that I feel is unprofessional) but when he comes in after the 1/2 inning you pull him to the side and very "politely" let him know he can spend the rest of the game on the bench thinking about whatever is so important it's taken from your focus on the field. A guy is not going to lose his snit over this unless he is soft.

Haa haaaa you're funny.