Cliff Lee is being discussed

Noonskadoodle

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)
& now there are reports that the Phillies are interested in Choo....

Are they confused in Philly? Haha

Choo would be under their control in 2013. With their contracts & pitching, they are going for it next year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 01:29 PM)
In 2015, Cliff Lee will be 36 and making $25 million. Good luck to whatever team acquires that.

Holy Hell haha didn't realize he would be making that much.

Still will suck to see him go back to Texas & possibly have to face him in a playoff series.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 10:22 AM)
Buster Olney & Joel Sherman both said they could see Lee being dealt by the deadline & looks like the Rangers are the only legit landiing spot.

Phillies want to save money & young players in return. I know its HIGHLY UNLIKELY but does KW give them a call?

Totally see him in Texas. They need another starter and they need to counter the Angels move. They also are very familiar with Lee and Lee really enjoyed pitching in Texas. Seems like the perfect fit, the question is what the cost is (Texas has plenty of chips).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 12:29 PM)
In 2015, Cliff Lee will be 36 and making $25 million. Good luck to whatever team acquires that.

This is why if the Rangers to get anyone I'd want them to get Lee. I hate Texas.

Now I'm hearing that Nolan Ryan is pulling out all stops to try to get King Felix. Good God no.

I respect the Rangers for going for it if they do get Lee or King Felix. Losing in the Series twice in a row has to drive you nuts, but you have to wonder if the team can last playing so many games. The Sox really fell apart in the 2nd half of 2006, so I'd say Texas is already on borrowed time.