TV Baseball for the Out-of Towner

elrockinMT

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
So, you do realize there's a baseball package that can be purchased and you can watch ALL the games right? Haha

Purchase? Like you mean spend money? :lolhitting

Actually I have Dish right now, which might have been a mistake. I am thinking of going back to local cable which has MLB extra innings

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:03 PM)
So, you do realize there's a baseball package that can be purchased and you can watch ALL the games right? Haha

which is why I got Sunday night's Red Sox/Yankees game. Because I purchased the package to watch all the games, and MLB would like to remind everyone that as fans of this game, we're unimportant peons.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
which is why I got Sunday night's Red Sox/Yankees game. Because I purchased the package to watch all the games, and MLB would like to remind everyone that as fans of this game, we're unimportant peons.

And they remind us every chance they get too

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
Purchase? Like you mean spend money? :lolhitting

Actually I have Dish right now, which might have been a mistake. I am thinking of going back to local cable which has MLB extra innings

I have Dish also. I am within the Sox local area so I get all the games (except WCIU), but I like to be able to watch other teams too so I got the MLB.tv and got the app for my X-box and it is just awesome. I highly recommend it.

DirecTV has CSN as a sports channel if you get the package.

If you live outside the Sox' MLB-defined "local territory", games on CSN will be blacked out even if you have the channel.

There are a handful of places, Indianapolis being the most prominent, that are inside that "local territory" but don't carry CSN on their regular package, so it's actually worth paying extra to pick up CSN.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 06:57 AM)
If you live outside the Sox' MLB-defined "local territory", games on CSN will be blacked out even if you have the channel.

There are a handful of places, Indianapolis being the most prominent, that are inside that "local territory" but don't carry CSN on their regular package, so it's actually worth paying extra to pick up CSN.

Found this out the hard way! I mean, we wanted that package anyway for the movie channels, but it was still depressing.

an easy way to watch games that I do when Im blacked out or the game is on comcast and they air that other much worse chicago team is go online and watch the game. A website that has not failed me yet on watching any sports on TV is:

Firstrowsports.eu

It has all the games so if you want to see what a different team is doing you can check that out too.

Just an option I thought I would share in case any of you Sox fans from other states get blacked out or Comcasted away in a deserted area where those guys in Black and White are to be unseen.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 12:35 PM)
Seriously...$63.99 for full access to all games for out of towners. *scratches head*

I get what you're saying, and even bought MLB.tv when it was on sale over Father's Day weekend, but I also like to know when they're on TV here. Not only is it easier to flip to other stuff during commercials, but way more importantly, the MLB.tv feed is about five minutes slow, at least for me. Also, while it's in HD, it's slightly less quality than TV.