Hunter Pence to Giants

justBLAZE

Not so fast not done yet...

The Giants appear to have bolstered their lineup today, acquiring right fielder Hunter Pence from the Phillies and countering the Dodgers' aggressive moves, tweets SI's Jon Heyman.  However, at this moment Giants VP Bobby Evans tells Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com there is "no deal" and the team is "working through many options."  Other reporters feel the trade is close.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 11:41 AM)
Not so fast not done yet...

The Giants appear to have bolstered their lineup today, acquiring right fielder Hunter Pence from the Phillies and countering the Dodgers' aggressive moves, tweets SI's Jon Heyman.  However, at this moment Giants VP Bobby Evans tells Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com there is "no deal" and the team is "working through many options."  Other reporters feel the trade is close.

I'm hearing physical the only hold up and they are getting Pence for C Tommy Joseph

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 11:45 AM)
No physicals in midseason trades, they can release medical records but no physical given. Buyer beware during the season.

Where do you get this information? I'm pretty sure if a team wants a physical and says it won't make the deal without one, if the other team wants to make the deal, the physical will take place.

12:20pm: The deal is not done and some issues need to be completed beyond physicals, tweets ESPN's Jerry Crasnick.

11:23am: The Giants appear to have bolstered their lineup today, acquiring right fielder Hunter Pence from the Phillies and countering the Dodgers' aggressive moves, tweets SI's Jon Heyman. At this moment Giants VP Bobby Evans tells Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com there is "no deal" and the team is "working through many options." Other reporters feel the trade is close, and Jim Bowden of ESPN and MLB Network Radio says an agreement has been reached on players and the deal is pending physicals. Two days ago, Dennis O'Donnell of KPIX was first to report that the Giants had a deal in place for Pence.

A team can request a physical but yet are not required for a trade to be processed. Both Heyman and Mitch Williams touched on this yesterday when talking about Garza. They said teams are able to look at medical records but the Cubs do not have to have Garza take a physical. When you are trading during the deadline it's buyer beware. You can say I'm wrong but I'm not.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 12:36 PM)
A team can request a physical but yet are not required for a trade to be processed. Both Heyman and Mitch Williams touched on this yesterday when talking about Garza. They said teams are able to look at medical records but the Cubs do not have to have Garza take a physical. When you are trading during the deadline it's buyer beware. You can say I'm wrong but I'm not.

Just proved you wrong. Case closed.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 12:36 PM)

If the team trading for Garza requires a physical for them to agree to the trade, than a physical will indeed be required for the trade to be processed.