Tigers/Cubs working on Soriano deal

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
Sorry, but he is. I can't stand that asshole.

I hate when that clown is gooning around in Wrigley in his Cubs jacket, then they try to pass him off as "neutral". Corey McPharin (sp?) is a big Sox fan and the only way you would really know is because he got chocked up when they won the WS and he was talking about his dad, not because he's a meatball like Kaplan. Biggest joke in Chicago media, and that's saying a lot

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)
I hate when that clown is gooning around in Wrigley in his Cubs jacket, then they try to pass him off as "neutral". Corey McPharin (sp?) is a big Sox fan and the only way you would really know is because he got chocked up when they won the WS and he was talking about his dad, not because he's a meatball like Kaplan. Biggest joke in Chicago media, and that's saying a lot

oh and it was an accident when they hit paulie but yet we retaliate because its our captain, he was so pissed and saying how dumb it was. well when someone hits your captain in the face, yea no one is going to take that

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)

I agree. I watch him on CTL and he is just a total f*** head. He will have a segment on the Sox and it always turns into Cubs talk somehow. Just a total jackass.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)
oh and it was an accident when they hit paulie but yet we retaliate because its our captain, he was so pissed and saying how dumb it was. well when someone hits your captain in the face, yea no one is going to take that

Him and his boyfriend Hollandsworth were saying that. Two f***ing morons.

Wouldn't the Tiggs rather make the deal before waivers. Then they could have the cubbies pay part of his salary? Not that I care. Soreyano can barely run and is sloppy on the field.

Kinda funny how the SCORE just repeats stuff like this about 15

Minutes later. Lol.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)
Wouldn't the Tiggs rather make the deal before waivers. Then they could have the cubbies pay part of his salary? Not that I care. Soreyano can barely run and is sloppy on the field.

Kinda funny how the SCORE just repeats stuff like this about 15

Minutes later. Lol.

someone who is a little more familiar with the process could correct me if need be, but Soriano will clear waivers, no team is dumb enough to take that money, then Cubs and Tigers can work out a deal that would include Cubs eating some of that $$$

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
someone who is a little more familiar with the process could correct me if need be, but Soriano will clear waivers, no team is dumb enough to take that money, then Cubs and Tigers can work out a deal that would include Cubs eating some of that $$$

I can't see how Soriano will be traded after today's trade deadline. Any team that claims him off of waivers risks the Cubs allowing him to go without any type of compensation and the team that claimed him will be stuck with his entire remaining contract. Who in their right mind is going to take that risk with claiming Soriano?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:32 PM)

Yeah that sounds right. What is the advantage of waiting. Just wanting more time to iron out details? Could Soriano veto a

Trade after clearing waivers. He has full no trade clause, doesn't he?

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
I can't see how Soriano will be traded after today's trade deadline. Any team that claims him off of waivers risks the Cubs allowing him to go without any type of compensation and the team that claimed him will be stuck with his entire remaining contract. Who in their right mind is going to take that risk with claiming Soriano?

I just saw the answer to my question above. He'll simply clear waivers and then a deal can be worked out with any team without that risk. The deadline may be driving me crazy.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)

Yeah, he'll clear waivers and they could work out specifics including obviously eating the vast majority of his contract.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
Yeah that sounds right. What is the advantage of waiting. Just wanting more time to iron out details? Could Soriano veto a

Trade after clearing waivers. He has full no trade clause, doesn't he?

Advantage would be Cubs are working to trade Dempster that teams want enough and his contract is friendly enough that they don't have to work out contract details. Easier for them to focus on Dempster/Garza when they won't clear waivers and forced to deal with one team, where as Soriano will fly through waivers and they have an extra 30 days.