AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

justBLAZE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 08:04 PM)
I would not be surprised one bit if Myers is closing for the Sox down the stretch (and thats the exact reason why KW got him -- insurance). Reed is scary right now and I don't know if I can take his ninth innings in August and September haha

meh...1 hit to a guy who makes a deal with the devil when he faces sox pitching. And he retired their best hitter to end the game. Seriously, didn't you think it would be at least 1st and 3rd with 2 out? I did.

EDIT: I seem to have blocked out the run he gave up. sorry about that. Still standing by him, however.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
Reed in the month of July (prior to today's game):

WHIP is 1, ERA is 3.75, strikeouts to 9 is 5.6.

Not sure what people's expectations are, but that isn't terrible. I realize he isn't pitching like Mariano but as a whole solid numbers (k/9 is a little low). But as a whole he is average a k per 9.

Since the break, baa is .286.

I'd just like to see him be a bit more dominant than that.

Encouraging first start from Liriano. I'll take that all day.

Any concern over Konerko's ankle? I haven't heard anything, but he definitely rolled it pretty good on that last play. I imagine he'll miss a couple games.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)

Any concern over Konerko's ankle? I haven't heard anything, but he definitely rolled it pretty good on that last play. I imagine he'll miss a couple games.

doubt it, beat writers would be all over that by now.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes

Tigers are furious this one was called and let the commissioner's office know

Maybe if Verlander didn't use 194763947394639 pitches to get through 5 you wouldn't have gotten delayed with the bases loaded in the 6th...

Addison is going to get KILT if he throws 90% straight fastballs at 93-95 MPH in the playoffs.

He needs to rediscover that 96-97 MPH fastball or figure out a way how to get that slider across.

What a nerve-wracking game. In some ways, we got saved by the umps this game with the ball that Konerko made an ill-advised throw home on.

Viciedo looked much better at the plate his last 2 AB's, had a SAC FLY and the game-saving catch, perhaps.

Crain struggled and survived for the second time this week.

AJ always come to play against the Twins. We needed that win in the worst way facing the troublesome lefty in Diamond, their ace, tmrw.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 08:25 PM)

I don't think so. He was laughing about it. Just one of those minor tweaks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
Extend Liriano!

I hope the Sox are talking about it. He's got a great arm and if you could get him to go 3 years at a fair price, it would be great. Maybe even go 2 years if he'd prefer a shorter deal where he can prove himself and then sign a big fat deal somewhere else.