White Sox vs. Twins 8/1/12

Quin

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give them the slight benefit of the doubt that the ridiculous 16 out of 19 games on the road or whatever it is has taken a little toll.

Stretch with 16 of 19 on road.

Four trips to the West Coast to play 15 games.

The 2012 schedule was poorly made.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
Although, I have to say I've never liked the fact that the pitcher gets off the hook due to his own error.

I remember questioning that as a kid. My father explained to me that ERA was a reflection of his pitching performance, not his defense. It's amazing the little things you recall after a few decades.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 12:37 PM)
Peavy hasn't looked overly sharp for a long time now. The insane pitch counts have to be catching up to him. I hate Valencia, he seems to always perform well against the Sox.

I'm sure he will throw about 130 again today though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 12:37 PM)
Peavy hasn't looked overly sharp for a long time now. The insane pitch counts have to be catching up to him. I hate Valencia, he seems to always perform well against the Sox.

agreed and we seem to say that about almost every twins player <_>

Peavy has given up the long ball again. Ok score is 2-1 Minny which means our one run may be be all the offense generates as usual when Jake is on the hill. Hopefully they do better this time around and he holds the Twins