White Sox vs. Twins 8/1/12

Quin

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 06:41 PM)
I know of a roster spot that Brent Morel can use...

Hudson is just an absolute waste of a roster spot right now. Frustrating they didn't make one more move yesterday to improve the bench.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 06:43 PM)
Hudson is just an absolute waste of a roster spot right now. Frustrating they didn't make one more move yesterday to improve the bench.

I did think that was going to be a move they made too

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 11:43 AM)

I'm not disagreeing, but is there anyone available who would look good at the plate getting at most 1 - 2 at bats a week on average? Hudson has had what 2 - 3 at bats in the last month.

Where is Eduardo Escobar again?

QUOTE (balfanman @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 10:46 AM)
I'm not disagreeing, but is there anyone available who would look good at the plate getting at most 1 - 2 at bats a week on average? Hudson has had what 2 - 3 at bats in the last month.

Danks gets hits.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 06:46 PM)

But then you go ahead and get someone that's proven in the past they can excel off the bench in limited at bats. The reason Hudson is such a waste is that he doesn't provide you speed or power off the bench and he can only play one position on the field.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 12:46 PM)

Hudson is not even that good at defense anymore though

Maybe that is why he is only getting that many AB's. He is terrible. He didn't look good when he was playing third before Youk got here. Just a waste of a spot.

I agree it has to be tough to hit under those circumstances. But if the manager only plays you that much, it sort of screams wasted roster space. O Dog is toast. If the Padres pay you not to play for them, its sort of a giveaway.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
Hudson is not even that good at defense anymore though

Plus when he was getting a load of playing time he was hitting like dirt. So this isnt something thats new.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 10:37 AM)
Peavy hasn't looked overly sharp for a long time now. The insane pitch counts have to be catching up to him. I hate Valencia, he seems to always perform well against the Sox.

Ventura has had him throw too many pitches, too often. I haven't been happy with the way he's managed pitch counts on some of our guys.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 11:48 AM)
But then you go ahead and get someone that's proven in the past they can excel off the bench in limited at bats. The reason Hudson is such a waste is that he doesn't provide you speed or power off the bench and he can only play one position on the field.

Agreed, but who? Omar Visquel?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)
Ventura has had him throw too many pitches, too often. I haven't been happy with the way he's managed pitch counts on some of our guys.

This. It's nice that Peavy can give you 130 pitches if you need it, but that shouldn't be what he throws every outing.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 06:49 PM)

Yeah, I felt like there's been quite a few times where he could have saved Sale and Peavy a few innings in starts where the outcome was no longer in doubt.