White Sox vs. Twins 8/1/12

Quin

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)
Please tell me that you haven't gone through life believing everything Cubs fans tell you.

No but this was at the game on the 30th. We were all guessing where he got shipped to(he got traded during the game). I thought maybe he got moved here and this fat guy infront of me said he plays IF.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
The Sox get stuck playing 16 of 19 on the road, get swept in Detroit, and if you go down the roster, except for Rios, just about everyone has struggled mightily at some point recently, yet they still are in first place. It's truly amazing.

Yep, that's why yesterday was so big, as it guaranteed Sox would be returning home in first place on Friday night.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 01:56 PM)
I remember watching Peavy pitch a game against the Dodgers when he was hitting 96 in the bottom of the 8th with some filthy breaking stuff. Threw a 2 or 3 hit shutout. I'm impressed with how he still pitches so well with such a drop in velocity.

I believe its the 3/4 delivery of his that makes him so good. Yea he was lights out throwing the high heat, but his unique delivery makes him very hard to hit. I think most of his struggles that stemmed from his injuries was the fact he wasn't able to get his mechanics back to where it used to be.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 11:05 AM)
Rios needs to be batting 3rd. He has been our most consistent hitter all year. No reason to have Dunn hitting in the 3 spot. I have never understood that.

Yep. Switch Rios and Dunn and I bet this line-up becomes a lot better.

Rios needs to be batting 3rd. He has been our most consistent hitter all year. No reason to have Dunn hitting in the 3 spot. I have never understood that.

As frustrating as Dunn can be, he walks a ton, and you waste a lot of his walks if you don't have your two bets hitters batting AFTER him.

Also don't want Dunn and AJ hitting back-to-back. AJ sees less LOOGYs in the late innings because they won't stay in to face Konerko-Rios after Dunn.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 11:08 AM)
As frustrating as Dunn can be, he walks a ton, and you waste a lot of his walks if you don't have your two bets hitters batting AFTER him.

Also don't want Dunn and AJ hitting back-to-back. AJ sees less LOOGYs in the late innings because they won't stay in to face Konerko-Rios after Dunn.

Rios-Dunn-Konerko then. Rios is the best bat on this club right now.