White Sox vs. Twins 8/1/12

Quin

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 02:38 PM)
If you eradicated all the posts with scores and scoring plays, if one were to go through Soxtalk gamethreads, there is no way you would think this team wasn't on a pace to lose at least 120 games.

It's as if people cannot just sit back and enjoy being in first place. Like we haven't earned it by being a good ball club.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 02:38 PM)
Maybe Myers to face Willingham and Thornton to face Morneau and Doumit.

no to thornton in the 9th lol reed should be ok , atleast hes not facing span, revere and mauer

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
Exactly. 2B defense can be filled with whomever the utility infielder is. In a pinch (due to injury) you can always stick Morel there and morel is a nice upgrade at 3rd late in games (since youk isn't a gold glover).

Additionally, late in the game, the Sox aren't replacing Alexei or Becks due to injury, so I think if you do have a guy that can occasionally spell those guys off the bench (utility guy) then you don't need Hudson. He's never coming in, unless someone is hurt, where as Morel is a major upgrade defensively over Youk or Hudson.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)
Here's my message:

The "he'll give the lead right back" and "we don't have a chance" and "this game is over" posts are annoying and make it unbearable to read the game threads.

Is that clear enough for you?

It's a game thread. Get over it. If it annoys you then don't bother reading it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
Exactly. 2B defense can be filled with whomever the utility infielder is. In a pinch (due to injury) you can always stick Morel there and morel is a nice upgrade at 3rd late in games (since youk isn't a gold glover).

The big thing is pinch running for Paulie, moves Youkilis to first (where he was a GG), Morel to 3rd.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 02:41 PM)
Meyers isn't allowed to pitch the 9th unless Addy absolutely can't go. Don't want to pay that guy 10 million next year

I'd be alright with the $10 million if we stretch him out to start.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 02:41 PM)
Meyers isn't allowed to pitch the 9th unless Addy absolutely can't go. Don't want to pay that guy 10 million next year

Oh, forgot about that clause. Sucks, because I trust him in the 9th more than Reed at the moment.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 02:43 PM)
He owns Morneau.

He also owned A-Gon. Look how that worked out.

2012 Matt Thornton is not 2008-2010 Matt Thornton.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 02:38 PM)
Here's my message:

The "he'll give the lead right back" and "we don't have a chance" and "this game is over" posts are annoying and make it unbearable to read the game threads.

Is that clear enough for you?

Clear. I'll only post "Go Sox" stuff now and optimistic Sox stuff now.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 02:41 PM)
It's a game thread. Get over it. If it annoys you then don't bother reading it.

So I can't enjoy a White Sox game because a few people want to poop all over everything? Got it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 02:38 PM)
How many pitches did Jake finish at? He must be one of the most worked pitchers in the game this year. Its freaking disgusting, given his injury history. I will tip my cap to the Peavmeister (and I do realize he's had a few extra days of rest, but man, he must lead the league in starts (along with Verlander) with 115+ pitches).

I looked it up earlier. He is #3 at just over 109 pitches per game.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 02:43 PM)
Clear. I'll only post "Go Sox" stuff now and optimistic Sox stuff now.

Right, because that's exactly what I said. You have to be on either extreme end of the spectrum, no in between.