White Sox vs. Twins 8/1/12

Quin

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)
As frustrating as Dunn can be, he walks a ton, and you waste a lot of his walks if you don't have your two bets hitters batting AFTER him.

Also don't want Dunn and AJ hitting back-to-back. AJ sees less LOOGYs in the late innings because they won't stay in to face Konerko-Rios after Dunn.

Lead him off then.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
He would have to be an upgrade over Hudson/Olmedo, wouldn't he?

He is hitting .289 with 7 RBIs and a .683 OBP in 47 games. So Id say thats an upgrade.

Rios-Dunn-Konerko then. Rios is the best bat on this club right now.

Yes, and you still want Rios batting after Dunn with Dunn walking so much.

You could argue swapping Rios and Konerko, but moving Dunn from #3 makes no sense.

If you move Dunn behind Rios and Konerko, you might as well tell him to swing at everything because his walks are going to be worth much less.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
Yes, and you still want Rios batting after Dunn with Dunn walking so much.

You could argue swapping Rios and Konerko, but moving Dunn from #3 makes no sense.

If you move Dunn behind Rios and Konerko, you might as well tell him to swing at everything because his walks are going to be worth much less.

I don't think so at all. I think you want Rios and Konerko in front of Dunn because like 30% of the guy's hits leave the ballpark. Put the speed guys in front of the guys who hit doubles and then let Dunn clear the plodders. If he walks it's not like Alexei isn't batting .500 since may with RISP and A.J. is doing well too. We have a dangerous line-up 1-8 and putting Rios in the 3rd spot would make it a lot smoother, I believe.