Another WHITE SOX WINNER!!

cabiness42

Since losing 5 series in a row (including four interleague!), the Sox have gone 8-2-1 in the last 11 series, only losing @bos and @det. 5 of 6 against texas, 7 of 9 against minny (inc. 4 road wins), who always plays us tough, 2/3 against TOR who has given us fits in recent years, splitting @nyy....other than those two bad series the sox have been stellar the last 40 days.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 10:45 PM)
Yay! I'll take 9 of 12 vs. KC and Minnie. That's the ticket to winning the division or part of the ticket. I wish we could shake Detroit. We're 10 over .500. 20 over would put the Tabbies in their place once and for all.

Welcome to the world of Soxtalk.com controversy, elrockin. I always get into it with the folks on here; you never do. Now you are getting disagreed with. Welcome to the hot seat; I am enjoying being off the hot seat a while.

And it's not like I was being overly critical as much as making an observation. We woin and I am happy. I am happy that Reed pulled it through but you can't keep giving up walks and hits in the final inning of a save situation without it biting you in the rear someday. He and other rookie Sox relievers have blown some games

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
August 1st, 2010

White Sox 59-45

Twins 59-46 1/2 GB

We didn't surrender the lead for good that year until AUG 12, but then it REALLY got away from us like in a week, it was over.

I still really really love that team.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 02:03 AM)
And it's not like I was being overly critical as much as making an observation. We woin and I am happy. I am happy that Reed pulled it through but you can't keep giving up walks and hits in the final inning of a save situation without it biting you in the rear someday. He and other rookie Sox relievers have blown some games

True, dat. El Rockin usually speaks the truth.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)

That's true and rookie relievers are more apt to blow some due to inexperience. They won't always be rookies and won't always be inexperienced. Oh yeah, veteran reievers also blow games.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 07:32 AM)
That's true and rookie relievers are more apt to blow some due to inexperience. They won't always be rookies and won't always be inexperienced. Oh yeah, veteran reievers also blow games.

Correct and I was actually intending to change that from "rookie" to any "relief pitcher ". Takes a pitcher with a special make up to step into these high pressure situations and pedrform. I think Reed is going to be pretty darn good

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 04:05 PM)
August 1st, 2010

White Sox 59-45

Twins 59-46 1/2 GB

We didn't surrender the lead for good that year until AUG 12, but then it REALLY got away from us like in a week, it was over.

You didn't think we were still in it on this date? I sure did.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings/_/date/20100906