Series closer: White Sox at Rangers game thread..

BridgeportHeather

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well whether you like it or not Konerko has been hitting like .350 since the allstar break.

Did you guys hear Hawk and DJ last night? Daubach up 2nd and 3rd one out. He walks to load the bases for Paulie. Hawk and DJ both said it would have been better if Daubach got one in and one over. If they don't have confidence in Paulie, I don't know, they think Willie Harris is going to get a hit every time up.

Hey, he knows how to pitch to ARod.  He hasn't hurt us in this series.

Nice work. Can you be a bigger jinx? :)

You talk about no-hitters in the 8th inning too, don't you? LOL

I read this entire thread after the game, knowing what happened so your comments made me just shake my head.

ok, prediction time

Cotts has retired seven in a row. Leads at least 4-3

does manuel pull his usual stunt and take him out after five so he will leave the game 'feeling good about himself," and have a chance for the win?

or does he let the young guy stay in?

I say he's coming out. Seen it many, many times.

He's big on this "feel good about yourself" stuff.

That is exactly what I would have done. I said it to a friend before it happened. Let him leave on a high note and something to build on. He had K'd ARod twice and was at 91 pitches, after struggling in the 2nd inning. I didn't like his odds of beating ARod a 3rd straight time.

Regardless, Neal gave the Sox a chance tonight. He settled down after the second inning and didn't let walks hurt him the whole night. I would have liked to see him leave after 5 and the Sox win, but I definitely think this outing was something to build on and should give Sox fans a positive outlook on his next start. I will be really curious so see how Texas will react to him the second time around. That will definitely be a challenge.

I'm not one to get down about many things in life, but this is really getting me down...There's no reason we should be three games out right now after sniffing first just over a week ago!

Good thing KC goes to NY and Minnesota this week, and we're at home. But games like the past seven are those you HAVE to win! Taking one of them is VERY unacceptable!