Twitter/Facebook

greg775

Twitter/Facebook  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Twitter and/Or Facebook?

• Yes
    • No
    • I love them both
    • Both are a joke

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 01:10 AM)
It might have been different in the context of the full interview but when I saw her quotes after being asked about it, she didn't really seem to care all that much and she was pretty dismissive of it. She said "I'm gonna wear my hair like that next time I compete so they might as well stop talking about it"

Her coach in USA Today after today's lousy Gabby performance ...

Karolyi said all the attention Douglas received after winning the all-around gold was too overwhelming. "She's a young girl," Karolyi said. "She wasn't in the limelight before so it was too much too quick. She wasn't able to focus the same."

It shocks me they don't shield the athletes more. She had a lot of events remaining after winning the all-around. I think she was a victim of Tweet-world. There can't be that much media allowed into the village.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a late Stanislaw Lem had said: "I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet."

But I use both albeit, try to use facebook less and less as I get older. Twitter is great for sports news and I'm definitely more of a follower. Cant stand people who tweet about everything every 2 seconds.

Use both, love both, both could be a joke. - my votes.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 06:54 PM)
Twitter(along with soxtalk) is my main news source for everything in the history of life.

Yup. Twitter has become my go to site for pretty much anything. It's a constantly updated news source that only has things/people you're interested in. I love it.

Facebook......eh, may have jumped the shark a bit. It still has its purpose, but it's mostly just annoying.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)
^^this

Though several people on here know my real name, so if you know, you know, not a big deal. I just don't want that tied directly to this account where I've said a lot about my opinions on national security, politics, defense industry, etc.

I repost everything you say under your real name at about 33 different message boards.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 11:07 PM)
Her coach in USA Today after today's lousy Gabby performance ...

Karolyi said all the attention Douglas received after winning the all-around gold was too overwhelming. "She's a young girl," Karolyi said. "She wasn't in the limelight before so it was too much too quick. She wasn't able to focus the same."

It shocks me they don't shield the athletes more. She had a lot of events remaining after winning the all-around. I think she was a victim of Tweet-world. There can't be that much media allowed into the village.

The Karolyi's really shouldnt comment about the treatment of the young girls in their care. At all.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
Maybe it was having her patriotism questioned?

Fox Sports shouldn't have gone there. That segment sickened me. Sometimes people forget these gymnasts are 16 f***ing years old. They don't even have driver's licenses in some cases. Shut the f*** up, adults.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 01:55 AM)
Fox Sports shouldn't have gone there. That segment sickened me. Sometimes people forget these gymnasts are 16 f***ing years old. They don't even have driver's licenses in some cases. Shut the f*** up, adults.

GREG AND I AGREE.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 02:40 AM)
greg is really an outstanding guy. Who cares that he has a hard-on for ozzie as I do snooki and j-wwow. greg is great.

I know. It's just since Robin was hired, he and I rarely agree. I documented the exact moment in the Robin Ventura Hired thread.

But greg is pretty awesome.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 08:40 AM)
greg is really an outstanding guy. Who cares that he has a hard-on for ozzie as I do snooki and j-wwow. greg is great.

Thanx.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 08:45 AM)
I know. It's just since Robin was hired, he and I rarely agree. I documented the exact moment in the Robin Ventura Hired thread.

But greg is pretty awesome.

Thanx.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 12:39 AM)
whats your twitter? id follow the s*** out of you

That made me laugh. My style of posting here gains me rabid supporters and those who block me. I have found I am more of a wannabee know it all on here than in real life.

I have accounts with both Facebook and Twitter, but never really got into Twitter. My account would be largely dormant.

I use Facebook quite a bit for keeping in contact with people that are far away from me and for sharing information related to my sporting interests.

There's an awful lot of inane rubbish on both, though.

I have both, but rarely look at Twitter. As far as Facebook, I look at it a couple times a day, but I probably only post a couple times a week. I've been on Facebook for about 4 years but only have 250 friends. I don't understand when people have thousands of "friends". But then again, I only use it to keep in touch with family and friends.

And to jump on the Greg bandwagon, I like him, too. Even if he does love Ozzie.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 12:14 PM)
I have both, but rarely look at Twitter. As far as Facebook, I look at it a couple times a day, but I probably only post a couple times a week. I've been on Facebook for about 4 years but only have 250 friends. I don't understand when people have thousands of "friends". But then again, I only use it to keep in touch with family and friends.

Then there's the explaining to someone that you think is an utter tool why you didn't accept their friend request.

Then there's the explaining to someone that you think is an utter tool why you didn't accept their friend request.

Yeah, as long as I actually know the person and don't absolutely hate them, I accept their friend request. So I have over 400 "friends" on FB but I've set up my news feed so that I am only reading status updates from the 100 or so that I actually care about.

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 06:32 AM)

I will almost never accept a friend request I either know them or they have multiple common friends.

I use FB for same reason as many others. To keep up with friends, family and ex-coworkers that I rarely get a chance to talk to otherwise. I actually connected with one friend that I hadn't seen since grade school. He's now my financial advisor and is helping me take care of my retirement fund.

I've actually learned things about a few of my family members based on their posts. The ones that I only see once or twice a year for holidays and family gatherings.

One of my cousins has become very religious. Never would have guessed that when we were kids.

I also found out that my aunt's live-in boyfriend who has been with her my entire life is bat-s*** crazy. My wife made a comment on one of his rants about animal cruelty and he started going off on her and my daughter.