GT: Royals @ Sox, 7:10, CSN

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)
Unless they're hurt, you can f***ing rest in November. It's August and you're only up 1/2 game. They need to have the full team out there...

There is no way that most of these guys will survive playing the next 53 games in a row, especially the older guys.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 09:36 PM)
There is no way that most of these guys will survive playing the next 53 games in a row, especially the older guys.

That's why you should try to shuffle in one bench player a game a few times a week instead of going with the "Sunday lineup", especially with how awful the bench has performed this season. I still think this is more injury-related and not rest-related.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)

Rest them when it's opportune yes. Today is NOT that time. They just lost to the Royals again, Detroit is right on their asses, you have a chance to take a series from a team you struggle with with a day off on Thursday.

Now if PK is hurt it's fine. But Rios is the team MVP, without him they might not have enough to win...

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan

Rios has played in all but two games. With off day tomorrow, it's possible Ventura looking to give him 2-day breather.

Konerko had that odd brush at first base with Dyson last night. Will know more about lineup changes in a while.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
Rest them when it's opportune yes. Today is NOT that time. They just lost to the Royals again, Detroit is right on their asses, you have a chance to take a series from a team you struggle with with a day off on Thursday.

Now if PK is hurt it's fine. But Rios is the team MVP, without him they might not have enough to win...

The fact that there's an offday tomorrow means that today really is opportune. Even if the guys get used to pinch hit, you get a double-day rest for each of them effectively.

I'm pretty damn sure that Ventura, Coop and KW knows more about baseball than 99.99% of the people on this site.. I just don't get all the damn b****ing and moaning that goes on day by day.

The Sox were picked by many experts to finished close to last place but RV has this team in 1st place on Aug 8th and yet most people on this site act like the Sox are a terrible team.

Edited by SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
I'm pretty damn sure that Ventura, Coop and KW knows more about baseball than 99.99% of the people on this site.. I just don't get all the damn b****ing and moaning that goes on day by day.

The Sox were picked by many experts to finished close to last place but RV has this team in 1st place on Aug 8th and yet most people on this site act like the Sox are a terrible team.

My whining comes mostly from the fact that this team has been in first place for 70+ days, and if they miss the postseason it will crush me (and I'm sure other people on the site) It will hurt 10000 x more than if they had just lost 95 like they were being predicted as losing. I would prefer losing 95 to missing the post season by 1-2 games

It's tight right now and every single game matters, so we as message board fans who obviously know better get a little chappy when s*** like this happens.

I hope these days off reinvigorate the team and they run all the way to October, but in the meantime every game is gonna be looked at under the worlds largest internet microscope.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
My whining comes mostly from the fact that this team has been in first place for 70+ days, and if they miss the postseason it will crush me (and I'm sure other people on the site) It will hurt 10000 x more than if they had just lost 95 like they were being predicted as losing. I would prefer losing 95 to missing the post season by 1-2 games

It's tight right now and every single game matters, so we as message board fans who obviously know better get a little chappy when s*** like this happens.

I hope these days off reinvigorate the team and they run all the way to October, but in the meantime every game is gonna be looked at under the worlds largest internet microscope.

Why would it hurt you more? You expected and predicted failure, and they have done nothing but exceed your expectations. this, as they say, is all gravy. They are competing against a team that by some was predicted to shatter run scoring records, and have actually hung with them toe to toe.

And even if they lose first place, they arent done. There is a long couple months left. You cannot keep the pedal to the floor the entire way, and Robin knows this.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
The fact that there's an offday tomorrow means that today really is opportune. Even if the guys get used to pinch hit, you get a double-day rest for each of them effectively.

This is baseball, not a triathlon. How much rest do these guys need and why is two off-days in a row better than two spaced off-days?

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 04:34 PM)
Must be from carrying the team the last like 3 months. LOL

Seriously though, he has been as good if not better (all-around) than anyone in all of baseball.

That would be Trout.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 04:24 PM)
Rios is out with back stiffness

Yeah, and PK got a little banged up and needs the rest. So I fail to see why this is some sort of huge nightmare lineup - he's doing what he can do with what he has.

That all said, I'd rather have seen Flowers at DH instead of Hudson. For that matter, I'm surprised Hudson is still on the team.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 04:36 PM)
Not really. Not even close. But he's had a fine year. No doubt.

Ok, if you say so. The last 3 months for him has been solid gold that's all I know.

Hitting, slugging, scoring runs, playing D, stealing a big base when you need it....oh, and that walk off on Friday night as I enjoyed my MGD from the Club Level. :gosox1:

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 04:42 PM)
Ok, if you say so. The last 3 months for him has been solid gold that's all I know.

Hitting, slugging, scoring runs, playing D, stealing a big base when you need it....oh, and that walk off on Friday night as I enjoyed my MGD from the Club Level. :gosox1:

You do know who Mike Trout is, no? Or Andrew McCutchen? Some dude named Ryan Braun, I don't know, hitting the baseball really well? Has Rios had a fine bounce-back season? Yes. Has he been the White Sox best player? No doubt. Best in baseball? No, no, no.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)
You do know who Mike Trout is, no? Or Andrew McCutchen? Some dude named Ryan Braun, I don't know, hitting the baseball really well? Has Rios had a fine bounce-back season? Yes. Has he been the White Sox best player? No doubt. Best in baseball? No, no, no.

Don't forget Brett Jackson