GT: Royals @ Sox, 7:10, CSN

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 05:42 PM)
Ugh, wake up offense! Sox been struggling of late against a few of the worst starters in the AL.

Has Hawk brought out "Tip your Cap" yet?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 01:48 AM)
I don't understand why the Sox are willing to give away so many AB's with Viciedp in such a tight race in August.

I would normally agree with you, but with the injuries this week, he's had to be in the lineup no matter what. That .261 OPS in August so far needs to start going up soon. I know people mocked you for it, but Pierre would be a sensational addition to the bench.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 01:48 AM)
I don't understand why the Sox are willing to give away so many AB's with Viciedp in such a tight race in August.

Who do you want to play in his place? He is the Sox left fielder this year for better or worse. His style of hitting is really maddening, though, when he is not going well which this year is a good chunk of the time.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 07:48 PM)
I don't understand why the Sox are willing to give away so many AB's with Viciedo in such a tight race in August.

Until the Tank goes on another heater and hits 5 homers in a week.

Not sure who they would replace him with. The market for OF on waivers is not exactly hot.

The most frustrating thing is Tank's failures with runner on 3rd and less than two outs. It seems like he fails consistently in that situation lately.

Of course, I just checked Baseball Reference and he has an 1.066 OPS in that situation. So much for my impressions.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)
Q can't keep the ball in the park tonight. Team seems incredibly flat tonight, as does the crowd.

yesterday too and the fans at the game last night and today havent been in it all

I guess that we have promoted the royals as the new look twins. A team that we tip our cap to while taking pre-game batting practice. I mean who can hit such vaunted pitchers as Chen and Guthrie. This is a team that is in our division and someone we should thump.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 02:06 AM)
Meh...what do you expect with this lineup. Guys like Gordon, Viciedo, Danks, Hudson, etc...AAA lineup. I'll be surprised if we score 2 today.

And that doesn't take into account the massive slump Dunn is in. It's really an awful time for Rios to need a day off due to injury.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 08:07 PM)
And that doesn't take into account the massive slump Dunn is in. It's really an awful time for Rios to need a day off due to injury.

and an awful time for the sox to start playing like this *sigh*