GT: Royals @ Sox, 7:10, CSN

This is laughable. Guthrie 0-9 hasn't won since May 31st. That's about to change young man! has he ever thrown a CG? Might as well get that accomplished tonight as well...

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 06:10 PM)
Dunn with the invisible bat going. He's so bad right now, and it's very disappointing that Ventura seems to be stubborn about moving him in the order.

That's a nice way of putting it haha

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 01:11 AM)
Our offense has a tendency to disappear even with all our starters in. But when you put guys like Flowers/Danks/Hudson in too...we just aren't good enough offensively to overcome that deficit often.

I said it before the game that it seemed like KC's lineup was better than ours tonight, and so far, our at bats have been abysmal. Sox gonna need a bloop and a blast to tie this game.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
This is laughable. Guthrie 0-9 hasn't won since May 31st. That's about to change young man! has he ever thrown a CG? Might as well get that accomplished tonight as well...

Garfien was talking him up after the game on how the sox know they have their work cut out for them.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 02:05 AM)
Even though the Sox have way more HR during the season KC out homering Sox head to head.

I think KC is last in all of baseball in HRs.

No matter what happens tonight, I hope nobody has posts praising Guthrie. Please spare us. If he shuts us down, it's all on the Sox. The guy is trash pitcher. 3-12 or something?

so i remembered thinking too that guthrie used to do good against us. his era, as was mentioned, is 4.52 lifetime vs the sox but i found these game logs:

8ip,1er

8ip,2er

7ip,1er

6ip,3er

we only rememered these and not the bad ones lol. looking similar today, hope we can get to him

It's like we are a different team when we play the Royals. Sometimes we play funky lineups like tonight ... usually we can't hit. They hit the long ball oft-times. They actually play well which they rarely do against anybody else. Very weird. I mean at least the Twins have played like a team with a horrible record against us, lot of errors and crazy plays. Not the Royals.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 02:27 AM)
Never thought Sox would get dominated by Guthrie. It would do wonders for our chances if Hudson can find a way to get on base to start the 6th. Get well soon Rios!

this is a pathetic offensive display

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 08:27 PM)
Never thought Sox would get dominated by Guthrie. It would do wonders for our chances if Hudson can find a way to get on base to start the 6th. Get well soon Rios!

It has happened before.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 02:29 AM)
It has happened before.

Yes, but that was when he wasn't having just a shockingly awful stretch of games. No excuse for the recent struggles against Blackburn, Santana, Chen and Guthrie. I guess it goes to show you how bad Greinke was :)