GT: Royals @ Sox, 7:10, CSN

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 02:50 AM)
well the royals will keep the white sox from the playoffs once again....that series was f***ing pathetic.

It's way too early to say this. It's so much more likely the Sox playoff chances will be determined by the remaining 7 games against the Tigers.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
Not if they're still in 1st. At least I think that will be the case.

In 2005, out of 17 home games in September we cracked 30K 6 times. That was the best season in our history with a ridiculously long drought since a championship. I doubt we'll top those 6 games this year.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)
In 2005, out of 17 home games in September we cracked 30K 6 times. That was the best season in our history with a ridiculously long drought since a championship. I doubt we'll top those 6 games this year.

Interesting. I didn't know what. That's pretty damn sad.

Geez, I live here in Denver and watch National League teams just hit the crap out of Guthrie, both at home and on the road, and he comes to Chicago and throws his glove on the mound and no one can hit him. I did not see the game, all I can go by is the box score, but the White Sox accomplished something that looked to be impossible -- to make Guthrie look like a major league pitcher.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 04:07 AM)
Geez, I live here in Denver and watch National League teams just hit the crap out of Guthrie, both at home and on the road, and he comes to Chicago and throws his glove on the mound and no one can hit him. I did not see the game, all I can go by is the box score, but the White Sox accomplished something that looked to be impossible -- to make Guthrie look like a major league pitcher.

and the sad thing is it is not zn uncommon occurence to see the Sox fail to beat soft tosser and washed up vets who can't throw anymore

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
KW better sign some backup players real soon. Sox probably have the weakest bench in the league. It would be a shame to miss the playoffs for the lack of a couple of decent bench players.

Again, he used that bench to get us a starting pitcher, a 3B, and our 8th inning guy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 03:31 AM)
Early in the game, it was obvious they were flat tonight. Something just seemed off, and I think we really miss Rios' presence in the lineup. His swagger at the plate has been amazing of late.

Sox are 4-5 against the Royals. Sox continually refuse to take this team seriously and play good baseball (I won't say play hard, cause I don't know what that means) against KC. When are the Sox going to wake up and realize KC gives them a game every single time they play the Royals?? The Royals suck and losing 2 of 3 is inexcusable in the Cell after losing 2 of three to KC earlier this season in the Cell. Sickening. We're lucky we won that 14 inning game in KC very lucky or we'd have lost that series against them as well. But just go through the motions against KC, White Sox, very smart.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 04:07 AM)

Guthrie is one of the worst players in baseball again this year. Inexcusable. I don't agree it balances out, either. Fine that we can kick the s*** out of the Rangers. We just give it back by losing to KC all the time. If you want to win the division you beat teams like the Royals, case closed. Next faceplant against KC will be coming a week from Friday through Sunday. We'll definitely lose 2 of 3 minimum. Wonder who Detroit is playing those three days?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
The guys just look lazy to me, they show up from the start unready to play. Thats what it looks like to me. Maybe they're missing some competitive fire in the clubhouse, or maybe the manager is not motivating them enough.

remember when A.J. had to yell "Let's hit this piece of s***!", and then they started hitting?

When did this happen?