Paul Konerko: Mild Concussion

fathom

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 10:03 PM)
Supposedly Ventura announced in the post game that PK has a mild concussion. If they need to, Sox can put him on the 7 day concussion list. Kenny, get us another bat!

How did he get a concussion?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 03:11 AM)
How many AL teams have great benches? If the Sox come up short, it won't be because of a weak bench.

They might not have great benches, but the Sox bench has been almost worse than you can imagine. Our non-core players of ADA, Youk, Beckham, Rios, Dunn, Konerko, AJ, Morel, Ramirez and Viciedo are:

86 for 439 (.196) with 3 home runs

With Youk saying he's had lingering soreness in his knee, it's imperative they get someone that can back him up if needed.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)
They might not have great benches, but the Sox bench has been almost worse than you can imagine. Our non-core players of ADA, Youk, Beckham, Rios, Dunn, Konerko, AJ, Morel, Ramirez and Viciedo are:

With Youk saying he's had lingering soreness in his knee, it's imperative they get someone that can back him up if needed.

Not even I can get worked up over a weak bench at this point. Anybody out there on waivers?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 04:28 AM)
That weak bench got us Youk, Liriano, and Myers.

Yes, but you can't get complacent with an awful bench with the hope you won't have to use the guys often. The time is now to get someone useful off of waivers in case an injury takes place after August ends. Youk seems like he's going to have to be benched at least once a week. If they do DL PK, I wonder if they call up Wise or CoJack?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)

wow,that is so awful. i cant imagine theres a worse bench

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
Dyson accidentally made contact to his face on a grounder last night. I'm sure greg will suggest a lie detector test for Dyson.

Not only does Bruce Chen and Guthrie shut us down for 3 runs in 18 innings, these scumbag Royals knock our best player out of the game. It seems like every year the Sox choose some miserable team to get owned by. The past few years it has been KC or Baltimore. What is the explanation? Coincidence, dumb luck, ? I don't know but it always hurts us in the division. What makes it worse is that we just took 2 of 3 from the angels and swept Texas and took 2 of 3

earlier in the season. Guess I'm just venting.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 12:01 AM)
Seriously? It didn't even look like Dyson hit him. How'd he get a concussion from THAT???

Elbow while running = more force than it looks like.

Also worth wondering if PK14 has ever had a concussion before. Once you've had one, the others get a lot easier to get.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 08:14 AM)
Elbow while running = more force than it looks like.

Also worth wondering if PK14 has ever had a concussion before. Once you've had one, the others get a lot easier to get.

He was a catcher for a good chunk of his life. I'd say it is pretty probable he has had them in the past.

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 07:55 AM)
We did recently sign Dwayne Wise-who has played most of year in majors

Danks is actually not the guy I'd be most concerned with upgrading anyway. Him and Flowers are fine, IMO, for the bench.

It is Olmedo and Hudson that really need replacing. Need a professional utility IF, if one is available. One who can defend at least 2 IF positions well (Hudson can only really field 1 well), has some speed for PR duties, and maybe can hit .250.