Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 04:39 PM)
Because that's an awful idea.

So why not bat Rios 9th?

You can't have Beckham getting more abs than Youk, that's ridiculous.

I'm not making an argument that others need to be moved for Gordon's sake.

All I was doing was making the point that the incremental improvement from seeing good pitches in the 1st or 2nd spot might be greater for a guy like Gordon than a guy like Youkilis.

That certainly doesn't mean that Gordon should hit there instead of Youkilis.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
You are punishing De Aza and the team by moving him from the leadoff. He sees a lot of pitches, gets on base, he even drives in a lot of runs. Beckham does none of this. Sorry, it is a terrible idea to move De Aza to ninth in order to spark a terrible hitter just because you hope it might work.

Im glad Robin wont try, because I dont want to know.

It isn't about punishing someone, it is about what is best for the team.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 06:07 PM)
I've never seen someone get a concussion before without having been knocked out.

I was in a head on car crash once (not my fault) and was diagnosed with a concussion. I never lost conscuiousness and to tell you the truth, it never really hurt much. I was just so tired and out of it for a couple of days.

Calling up Morel would be so stupid. You can't have an entire bench full of defensive-oriented players, especially with Konerko missing at least 7 games. If they do call up Morel, they need to then get rid of Hudson. The bench has been a weakness all year, and with PK out, now isn't the time for KW to neglect the bench.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 06:38 PM)
Calling up Morel would be so stupid. You can't have an entire bench full of defensive-oriented players, especially with Konerko missing at least 7 games. If they do call up Morel, they need to then get rid of Hudson. The bench has been a weakness all year, and with PK out, now isn't the time for KW to neglect the bench.

Agree completely. Brent Morel has a .462 OPS in AAA and can only play one position. There is absolutely no sense in putting him on the bench right now.

If you call up a guy, it has to be someone who can start a couple games in Paulie's abscense and provide some offense off the bench. Either Conor Jackson or Dan Johnson would do, although I'd go with Jackson as I think he'd make a solid reserve the rest of the way.

lol @ Hawk trying to say the A's play small ball now because Oakland didn't win with their philosophy.

Last time I checked, they won a lot of games from 2000-2006 based on early sabermetric principles. Other teams just caught up.