Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox

justBLAZE

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 12:51 AM)
Uh, yeah

I thought you were one of the few on here that wasn't a huge fan of his. It's pretty weird that it seems Wise would be a help to this outfield right now:)

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 07:52 PM)
I thought you were one of the few on here that wasn't a huge fan of his.

I mean I don't dislike him but I'm not happy with his progression (or lack thereof). I think the expectations are much too high for him.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 08:42 PM)
She just loves green and gold.

Great great line.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 12:38 AM)
Calling up Morel would be so stupid. You can't have an entire bench full of defensive-oriented players, especially with Konerko missing at least 7 games. If they do call up Morel, they need to then get rid of Hudson. The bench has been a weakness all year, and with PK out, now isn't the time for KW to neglect the bench.

Amen, brotha. No Morel, please.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 01:44 AM)
lighter bat? softer swing? Do something Tank.

He definitely needs help. His approach is horrific. It's electric the times he actually makes contact with a slight uppercut, but the man needs to listen to his batting coach who certainly doesn't condone the way he approaches each at bat.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 02:06 AM)
You have to hope he doesn't fall into a mental funk batting lower in the order again.

Yeah, his mental funks give me mental distress.

You've said it before but he needs his parents to come to every fricking game to save their son's career.

I will never say 'This game is Ova' in the third but I don't like our chances vs. former Sox McCarthy (cut Adam Dunn homer?)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 01:08 AM)
Yeah, his mental funks give me mental distress.

You've said it before but he needs his parents to come to every fricking game to save their son's career.

I will never say 'This game is Ova' in the third but I don't like our chances vs. former Sox McCarthy (cut Adam Dunn homer?)

3-1 in the 3rd is absolutely not "game over" territory. McCarthy on a pitch count tonight?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 06:09 PM)
3-1 in the 3rd is absolutely not "game over" territory. McCarthy on a pitch count tonight?

Recently? It 100% is. It was game over when Moustakis connected against KC. You could just feel it...

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 02:11 AM)
Invisible bat swing...the offense needs someone to step up and get a big hit. They're missing the swagger they had from last weekend.

Didn't Oakland beat the piss out of the Sox earlier this year in the Cell? Seems I recall some sad nights vs. Oak this season.