Konerko put on 7 day DL

southsider2k5

If you call up either of Jackson or Johnson; your next move -- when Konerko returns -- almost has to involve Hudson, Olmedo, Danks or someone going to the DL otherwise you expose Johnson or Jackson to waivers all for a few days of bench depth while Konerko clears the cobwebs. I'd say with relative certainty that Johnson has a 99% chance of being claimed and Jackson around 50%, that depth could really come in handy come September, no need to risk it now.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)
If you call up either of Jackson or Johnson your next move -- when Konerko returns -- almost has to involve Hudson, Olmedo, Danks or someone going to the DL otherwise you expose Johnson or Jackson to waivers all for a few days of bench depth while Konerko clears the cobwebs. I'd say with relative certainty that Johnson has a 99% chance of being claimed and Jackson around 50%, that depth could really come in handy come September, no need to risk it now.

Didnt realize all that. Johnson can wait til SePtember then. I just liked his at bats and line when I saw the Knights play the Red Twings in June and Empire Yankees in July.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
If you call up either of Jackson or Johnson; your next move -- when Konerko returns -- almost has to involve Hudson, Olmedo, Danks or someone going to the DL otherwise you expose Johnson or Jackson to waivers all for a few days of bench depth while Konerko clears the cobwebs. I'd say with relative certainty that Johnson has a 99% chance of being claimed and Jackson around 50%, that depth could really come in handy come September, no need to risk it now.

I agree with your logic 100%, although they did bring up Stutlz for a start or two despite being in a similar situation. I wouldn't completely rule it out, but I agree it would be a stupid move with September right around the corner.

I'd like to see them move John Danks to the 60 day DL, call up Jackson or Johnson, then send Olmedo down once Konerko is ready. I'd much rather keep either of those guys on the bench the rest of the month than an extra backup IF.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 11:24 PM)
No word on who will be promoted yet? Makes you wonder if there could be a trade announced after one of these west coast games?

I think that the decision on Konerko came so late that they didn't have time to get someone to Chicago in time for Friday night's game. Might as well wait to make the move, in case something else happens.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 12:03 AM)
I think that the decision on Konerko came so late that they didn't have time to get someone to Chicago in time for Friday night's game. Might as well wait to make the move, in case something else happens.

They had an off day to get someone in Chicago BEFORE the decision on PK was made. Who cares how it affects the Knights, having someone in town just in case would have been the right move.

Dealing with a short bench for a night or two in the AL isn't such a big deal when you often play entire games without using anybody off the bench.

I was originally in favor of Jackson or Johnson coming up, but if JorDanks can handle regular playing time, I'd rather bring up Morel and then:

vs RHP

Danks LF

Dunn 1B

Viciedo DH

Youkilis 3B

vs LHP

Viciedo LF

Youkilis 1B

Dunn DH

Morel 3B

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 10:15 AM)
It looked so not-concussion worthy.

Didn't it? I had an accident at work a couple of years ago where I fell backwards and hit my head on concrete. I had a mild concussion but this it looked like Dyson barely grazed him.