Dewayne Wise come on up

Tdog32

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
I was under the impression that Dan is a big power/offense type of player and Wise is...not. Isn't offense what we need right now?

Dan Johnson is a 33 year old 1B with a .235/.334/.405/.739 batting line in 1520 career big league PA's.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 06:36 PM)
And for anyone to think since he's having a big year in AAA, things will be different this time...............he's had 5 seasons in AAA with a higher OPS than he has this season.

In all seriousness, I would have Johnson behind both Morel and Connor Jackson on my personal call up list. I really think we need someone who can play defensively at 3B with Youk on the roster. Why the heck do we need a back up 2B in Hudson?

Wasn't this board ecstatic when we acquired Hudson? Now he's old news and we're calling for guys like Johnson and Jackson? Wow. This boards chews em up and spits em out. We want the second string quarterback all the time round here.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 07:01 PM)
Wasn't this board ecstatic when we acquired Hudson? Now he's old news and we're calling for guys like Johnson and Jackson? Wow. This boards chews em up and spits em out. We want the second string quarterback all the time round here.

No, we want someone that can contribute at the MLB level. The reason people weren't upset about Hudson coming to the Sox is due to how unbelievably terrible Morel was performing. Hudson got his chance, and he proved he just couldn't play 3b and thankfully KW noticed this and took a chance on Youk.