Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox

justBLAZE

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
Everybody was trying to think of a nickname for all the rookie pitchers just a month ago when I went to the 14-inning game in KC. Our veteran relievers have been unreliable since Joe Morgan opened his mouth how many seasons ago?

2008. It was ridiculous.

Frustrating loss when you factor in the gritty comeback. I have to say that's one thing I absolutely love about this team, they never give up and play out the string.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 10:22 PM)
2008. It was ridiculous.

Frustrating loss when you factor in the gritty comeback. I have to say that's one thing I absolutely love about this team, they never give up and play out the string.

Until Linebrink got hurt...the first half of the season. Then we struggled when Dotel had to pitch in the 8th.

Villareal has 13 balls and only 4 strikes so far in his outing.

Have a Coke and a Smile Rangers.

Guess we're lucking out a bit that DET is handing a Verlander start away with bad bullpen pitching....but not over yet. Looked like the Tigers were going to score for sure in the top of the 9th and that didn't exactly go according to plan.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 04:22 AM)

I couldn't agree more

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 10:23 PM)
Matt Thornton 2011 and 2012 vs. OAK

6.3 IP

9 H

7 R

6 ER

4 BB

5 K's

2+ WHIP

8.53 ERA

None of our relievers have ever pitched well against Oakland.

Santos struggled against them last year. Linebrink sucked against them. Dotel sucked. Santiago sucked. The list goes on and on.