Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox

justBLAZE

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 03:11 AM)
Yeah, let's have Matt face another power righty

Ha, just exactly who is Myers warming up to face? Basically Ventura managed this inning like Reddick was Bonds and their power righties were nothing special.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 02:10 AM)
Matt needs to understand that he should use his fastball to set up his breaking ball. Not the other way around.

He had a clue last night with the right pitch selection. Two days in a row is too much for him.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 03:13 AM)
I FREAKING HATE MATT THORNTON.

JESUS.

If there's a rule in any Matt Thornton outing, it's that there will be a gork shot somewhere that falls in...it's inevitable.

When's the last time he's gotten a few swing and misses on his fastball? I don't blame him for the slider to Gomes, but the league will soon start to sit on that pitch with Thornton have zero confidence in his fastball.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 09:14 PM)
When's the last time he's gotten a few swing and misses on his fastball? I don't blame him for the slider to Gomes, but the league will soon start to sit on that pitch with Thornton have zero confidence in his fastball.

Not only is it a few inches slower but he's lost complete confidence in it, he throws a ton of sliders now a days compared to what he usually does.

And f***.