Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox

justBLAZE

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is kind of scary, between facing Bartolo Colon tomorrow and then going to Toronto, where we have NEVER played well...

Defense letting the White Sox down again.

Ramirez against Cespedes. Rios playing that into a double. Youkilis not calling off Flowers and helping him out.

On paper, with our RS/RA average, we should be 15-17 games over .500.

Defense costs the White Sox another run there.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 02:32 AM)

Poor bullpen management. I know you bring up the blown saves stat a lot.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
This is more runs than Oak scores in a week.

The OAK offense has been pretty darned dangerous since they added Carter from the minors and Cespedes came off the DL...at least for the last month, month and a half.

They've been scoring more than we have.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
You mean the #3 hitting home run team in the majors the last two months?

I mean a team Sox should beat that has had trouble scoring runs the entire year. I do not give a s*** about HR's last 2 months.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
NAH MAN, THEY HAVE CHRIS CARTER NOW. THEY ARE ONE OF THE BEST OFFENSES IN BASEBALL WHEN YOU ADD THE GREAT CHRIS CARTER.

Look at the OPS of their 3-4-5 hitters. It's just as good as what we have.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 02:32 AM)
This is kind of scary, between facing Bartolo Colon tomorrow and then going to Toronto, where we have NEVER played well...

Defense letting the White Sox down again.

Ramirez against Cespedes. Rios playing that into a double. Youkilis not calling off Flowers and helping him out.

I hate four-game series on the road. You'd have to think Sox will lose 3 of 4. A split would be good. First place is gonna be leaving our grasp soon if we lose again Sunday. Is the KC rain coming your way? I'd take a rain out on Sunday right now. I'd rather have Sale pitch in Toronto.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
Poor bullpen management. I know you bring up the blown saves stat a lot.

This feels like the US women's volleyball game against BRA. We had all the momentum in the world until Ramirez hit into that double play and then we just got steamrolled (largely our own doing)...too many mistakes from the manager, bullpen and defense to make up for.

Oakland's actually stranded 13 runners in this game, and only retired in order in the 1st and 6th.

Where's Orlando Cabrera when we need him to face Balfour, lol?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
I hate four-game series on the road. You'd have to think Sox will lose 3 of 4. A split would be good. First place is gonna be leaving our grasp soon if we lose again Sunday. Is the KC rain coming your way? I'd take a rain out on Sunday right now. I'd rather have Sale pitch in Toronto.

Well Toronto hasn't been playing well recently with injuries to Bautista, Lawrie and Rasmus which all work in our favour.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 09:37 PM)
This feels like the US women's volleyball game against BRA. We had all the momentum in the world until Ramirez hit into that double play and then we just got steamrolled (largely our own doing)...too many mistakes from the manager, bullpen and defense to make up for.

Oakland's actually stranded 13 runners in this game, and only retired in order in the 1st and 6th.

Where's Orlando Cabrera when we need him to face Balfour, lol?

Cabrera sucked against Balfour.

We need Konerko.