Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox

justBLAZE

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 09:47 PM)
No reason to score 7 runs and lose to Oakland...............none very bad loss.

liriano and Thornton will almost always put this team in a position to lose, Thornton has no value now, none

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 02:49 AM)
liriano and Thornton will almost always put this team in a position to lose, Thornton has no value now, none

I almost forgot about Liriano's awful outing. Is he a relief pitcher in the making? All those strikeouts early? Horrible outing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 02:46 AM)
Balfour stinks. There I said it. Rios with a bad bad K.

Will you stop with the "x stinks" please? You said the following people stink tonight:

- Crain and his almost 2 ERA

- Alexei and his .354 average with RISP

- Balfour and his 2.67 ERA. Balfour has a career ERA of 3.45, which is better than the "Great" Bobby Jenks and "the worst decision ever" Mark Buehrle

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 02:50 AM)
Will you stop with the "x stinks" please? You said the following people stink tonight:

- Crain and his almost 2 ERA

- Alexei and his .354 average with RISP

- Balfour and his 2.67 ERA. Balfour has a career ERA of 3.45, which is better than the "Great" Bobby Jenks and "the worst decision ever" Mark Buehrle

All Lexi had to do was get the run in. It's his job. He failed.

Balfour had nothing out there. Nothing. He was lobbing it up there. Dispute that.

Crain got lucky that ball got stuck in the wall. Yes he STUNK.

Need I go on???

And yes I wish Mark was still a Sox and Bobby was productive til he ate himself out of the game.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 09:51 PM)
OG did the same thing and kissed MT ass all year also.

Except this is his third straight year of "failure."

From the All-Star game debacle and Thome walkoff in 2010 through the closer fiasco to this season, that's more than two full seasons of failure.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 02:52 AM)
All Lexi had to do was get the run in. It's his job. He failed.

Balfour had nothing out there. Nothing. He was lobbing it up there. Dispute that.

Crain got lucky that ball got stuck in the wall. Yes he STUNK.

Need I go on???

How's it Crain's fault ADA misplayed that fly ball? As for Alexei, he was hitting exactly .500 this season with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 09:50 PM)
I almost forgot about Liriano's awful outing. Is he a relief pitcher in the making? All those strikeouts early? Horrible outing.

He's been good 2 starts and bad tonight.

If he can keep up that 2/3 ratio, we'll be fine.

Actually, he dominated the A's twice this season already...they were due to figure him out at some point, and that inning just snowballed and got away from him.

He had a similar inning in Minnesota and escaped heavy damage and settled down afterwards.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 02:53 AM)
Deserved to lose that one.

Need to go 6-2 the next 8. No more bulls***.

I think Oakland deserved to lose that one as well. Sox bailed out the A's.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 02:53 AM)
How's it Crain's fault ADA misplayed that fly ball? As for Alexei, he was hitting exactly .500 this season with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs.

I didn't want another hit from Lexi in that situation. I wanted a simple fly ball. Is it too much to ask for him to not hit into a made-to-order DP? It wouldn't have been close at first had the 3B not bobbled. I don't know what you are talking about DeAza. I'd have to see the replay because all I saw on my computer was a rocket that got stuck in the wall.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 02:54 AM)
We'll never get rid of Thronton though, because he's a veteran. We need veteran arms in the pen, or thats what people keep telling me.

Everybody was trying to think of a nickname for all the rookie pitchers just a month ago when I went to the 14-inning game in KC. Our veteran relievers have been unreliable since Joe Morgan opened his mouth how many seasons ago?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 02:58 AM)
Meanwhile, Cabrera and Fielder are coming up in the top of the 9th at TEX.

Without Konerko, with Dunn still MIA....the Tigers just have a huge advantage with those 2 monsters, no matter how good and clutch AJ, YOUK and Rios have been this year for us.

It should be a fierce wild card race to the end. Considering the Sox still have a lot of games left vs. KC and Minnie, you'd think it'd be advantage White Sox, but ...

Now one behind the Angels for most blown saves in the AL.

Angels with 17, White Sox with 16, Red Sox with 15.

Three teams that have dramatically underachieved where they should be statistically (RS/RA....Pythagorean) due to their bullpens coughing up too many games.

The Orioles have almost the opposite negative RS/RA but are right behind us.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
Everybody was trying to think of a nickname for all the rookie pitchers just a month ago when I went to the 14-inning game in KC. Our veteran relievers have been unreliable since Joe Morgan opened his mouth how many seasons ago?

Probably 2003 in the 2nd half, or 2004.

Although 2005 could have been it, too.