Jordan Danks sent down

ChiliIrishHammock24

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 08:04 PM)
What is this based on other than personal opinion? What about Danks is heads and above better than any Joe Schmoe? I'm not seeing it so help me out.

Well, I'd say he's got above average speed, a good arm and is an above average defensive outfielder. Sure his bat might not be mlb -ready for an everyday player but he's not an every day player. In his limited ABs he hasn't been that bad. I'll take .265 from my 4th outfielder. Heck, I'd like it from my starting second baseman too.

I find Jordan Danks to be a very talented baseball player and someone that can still become a starting MLB OF. This is probably the reason the White Sox want him to get some every day at bats. The unfortunate thing is that DeWayne Wise is still not a CF'er, not a good hitter, does not have a good arm, is not a great baserunner, and really probably isn't better than Jordan Danks at anything. But that's okay, this shouldn't affect much of anything.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 10:22 PM)
f*** this. I hate dwayne wise why does he get to stay.

I worship Dwayne Wise so to speak, but I am in favor of keeping Danks over Wise. Wise might be our bad luck charm (except for the catch). I think Danks deserves to stay; has to be demoralizing after the huge home run. Why did NY release Wise? That should tell us something right there.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
What is this based on other than personal opinion? What about Danks is heads and above better than any Joe Schmoe? I'm not seeing it so help me out.

Wise bring nothing to the table that Danks does not. Wise could of been called up September 1st, 2 plus weeks would not of made much of a difference and a ML option was used in the process.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 07:44 PM)
Wise bring nothing to the table that Danks does not. Wise could of been called up September 1st, 2 weeks would not of made much of a difference and a ML option was used in the process.

.621 OPS

.347 SLG

Danks is awful.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
.621 OPS

.347 SLG

Danks is awful.

Wise was on waivers nobody claimed him so he was not wanted by any other teams and money was not the reason why.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
.621 OPS

.347 SLG

Danks is awful.

Come on, really? 49 at bats?

Paul konerko was sitting at .216/.319/.590 after 397 at bats. Let's give him a little more than spot duty before we kick dirt over his grave

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 10:06 PM)
Wise was on waivers nobody claimed him so he was not wanted by any other teams and money was not the reason why.

He was Designated for Assignment actually. He refused the assignment to AAA becoming a FA. Then he signed with the Sox because he lives in Charlotte.

QUOTE (daggins @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
They both suck but the difference is one has options and the other does not. They need BP help more than they need a 5th OF. Jordan will be back in 20 days. Why is this an issue?

You're so right except personally I don't say any player sucks cuz they are at the top of their profession. Maybe the bottom rung of the top of their profession but the top nevertheless.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 02:35 PM)
Why is Hudson still on the team? Oh yeah, I forgot, he's a "clubhouse guy".

There is zero reason a guy like Huddy should be on this team. He's awful and can only play 2B with at least mediocre d (and we know he can't hit). I don't have a problem with Wise though, he was a good signing.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 04:32 AM)
He was Designated for Assignment actually. He refused the assignment to AAA becoming a FA. Then he signed with the Sox because he lives in Charlotte.

Thanks. The fact he got DFA'ed makes me think he can't hit anymore. Yikes.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 04:31 AM)
It means the Yankees got Ichiro .Wise did fine with the Yanks and looked to be swinging with confidence today.

Wow. I didn't even realize my idol Wise played today. 2-4. Nice debut; had to impress Robin and the home fans.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
I worship Dwayne Wise so to speak, but I am in favor of keeping Danks over Wise. Wise might be our bad luck charm (except for the catch). I think Danks deserves to stay; has to be demoralizing after the huge home run. Why did NY release Wise? That should tell us something right there.

lol. I was shocked to read this.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 10:06 PM)

And any team could have had the legendary Jordan Danks this past winter for 20k when he was exposed in the rule 5 draft. No team even bothered.

Wise is no world beater, and despite his exciting home run, neither is Danks. Its crunch time. Better to rely on mediocre veterans than mediocre rookies.