GT 8/15: CHW @ TOR, 6:07pm CT

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)
sure he is

I don't think Omar was quite good enough in the field to get in on that alone.

Ozzie Smith was better and he hit just as well as Vizquel, but in a much different era.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
There are a lot of people who don't think he is a HOF, period. Let alone a first-ballot HOF.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 04:46 PM)
I don't think Omar was quite good enough in the field to get in on that alone.

Ozzie Smith was better and he hit just as well as Vizquel, but in a much different era.

Ozzie Smith was not a better SS than Omar and played virtually in the same era. And I've never heard anyone say Omar doesn't belong in the hall.

White Soxfirst baseman Paul Konerko hit in the cage and played catch Wednesday,and remains on track to come off the seven-day concussion disabled list Friday.

Manager Robin Ventura said Konerko, who remained in Chicago rather than traveling with the team to Toronto, will fly to Kansas City on Thursday to meet the team there for a three-game series that begins Friday night

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 06:49 PM)
Ozzie Smith was not a better SS than Omar and played virtually in the same era. And I've never heard anyone say Omar doesn't belong in the hall.

Omar: http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playe...amp;position=SS

Ozzie: http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playe...amp;position=SS

Smith and Vizquel had the same wOBA at .311. But Smith was considered 10% more productive (wRC+) because league offense was much less potent in his era. These guys played 10 years apart.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 06:52 PM)
Unpopular Opinion: Frank WILL NOT get it on the first ballot.

He'll have his one year "punishment" for being a DH, and get in on the second time.

I disagree and hope you are wrong.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 06:49 PM)

I've heard it discussed on the radio plenty of times and a quick google search displays numerous articles discussing his validity.