I never realized something about the early 90s Sox

Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (Wagz @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 01:04 PM)
Possible MVP season for him and Griffey was KILLING it also that year.

Matt Williams was also en fuego, he wasnt hitting for average like Thomas was, but he had 43 homeruns and 96 RBI when they called it

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 02:25 PM)
Don't you DARE mock those 80's teams of Carlos Martinez, Dan Pasqua, Joel Skinner, Scott Fletcher, Steve Sax...BWAHAHAHA...

Crap, almost made it through without laughing.

You forgot the leader of the group and one of my all time favorites. The IVAN CALDERON (RIP). :notworthy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 03:10 PM)
Matt Williams was also en fuego, he wasnt hitting for average like Thomas was, but he had 43 homeruns and 96 RBI when they called it

Bagwell was really on a tear that year as well, with stats almost as good as Franks: .368/39/116, 15 SBs, .750 SLG and a 1.201 OBS! That was in the Astrodome also, which was always one of the worst parks to hit in. Of course, apparently he was on the juice at the time, which makes Hurt's superior, non-cheating season all the more impressive.

The early '90s Sox were a fun group to watch, especially the '90 team that set the stage for the next few years. I remember them being the most fundamentally sound team I have ever seen--rock-solid D, moving runners over, driving in 1 and 2 out runs, hitting the cutoff, not walking batters, capitalizing on mistakes, you name it. They were a +7 on their Pythagorean for the season...

Edited by Dizzy Sox