Konerko reinstated, Santiago recalled

Tdog32

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 11:09 AM)
I'm really out of the loop - why would Gordon go to the DL?

He's been out of the starting lineup the last 2 days (although he played on Wednesday after Hudson took the ball off his foot). Supposedly was just Robin giving him a day off for looking tired, but you never know.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 08:53 AM)
I would guess that either Quintana, Sale, Thornton or Septimo are being DL'd.

I think its far more likely that Septimo is headed to the minors. Not sure what the other move is. I'm going to assume it involves Olmedo or Hudson.

There is no mention yet of any roster moves. I am sure at least one has to be made to accomodate Konerko's return. We arfe carrying 13 pitchers now I think so I have a hard time believing Hector is coming back up unless a pitcher is going on the dl. If Hudfson is going on the dl I would expect a position player to be added. Not much sense in bringing up pitcher #14 for the roster does it? Plus they sent Hector to Charlotte to start. Humber has been doing pretty decent out of the pen.

@whitesox: Prior to tonight’s game, #WhiteSox placed @OrlandoHudson on the 15-day DL w/ a contusion of the first metatarsal joint in his left foot.

@whitesox: #WhiteSox also placed LHP Leyson Septimo on the 15-day DL (retroactive to August 14) w/ left biceps inflammation.

@whitesox: In a corresponding move, #WhiteSox reinstated 1B Paul Konerko from the 7-day DL & recalled LHP Hector Santiago from Class AAA Charlotte.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
I hope this means a 6-man rotation. Or just throw Phil back in and give us a 7-man rotation. LOL, just kidding.

I have to think there will be some adjustment made since Peavy isn't lined up to face the Tigers in either series.

I'm pretty surprised Sale and Peavy are pitching on 4 days rest this weekend after their last outings.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 06:34 AM)
Sounds like Sale, Peavy, or Q needs a day off and will have a start skipped. Hopefully nothing serious.

It's not going to happen, but I was hoping that Santiago could have started a game this weekend against KC and pushed everyone back. I'm not sure when his last start was and when he's available to pitch given that he's been starting games in the minors, but it would be nice to go back to the 6 man rotation at least for August.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
I have to think there will be some adjustment made since Peavy isn't lined up to face the Tigers in either series.

I'm pretty surprised Sale and Peavy are pitching on 4 days rest this weekend after their last outings.

Isn't 4 days rest the "normal" rest that teams with a 5 man rotation use?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
I think that is the surprise. usually when they get extended in pitch totals is when they get the extra day.

I'm also surprised that they aren't providing as much rest as they can to Peavy, Sale and Quintano. I realize there will be a point in time where they have to get their best starters on the mound as much as possible come September, but I do think there's been a clear benefit to getting them an extra day or two of rest when they can.