GT 8/17: CHW @ KAN, 7:10pm CT

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 03:40 AM)
With the crap that they have put on the bump against us, we should have 8 runs a game against them.

Mendoza had much better stuff last game vs the Sox (when they beat KC) than he did tonight. Our hitters never realized he was going to throw sinkers inside and curves on the outer half.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 09:42 PM)
Mendoza had much better stuff last game vs the Sox (when they beat KC) than he did tonight. Our hitters never realized he was going to throw sinkers inside and curves on the outer half.

2 runs only just horrid.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
With the crap that they have put on the bump against us, we should have 8 runs a game against them.

It's why we lose against them. Their starting pitching f***ing sucks. Teams hit the s*** out of almost everyone they have. Chen and Hochevar have trouble making it through 5 innings. But they look like aces against us.

Once you get into the back end of the bullpen, it's game over. Herrera's got awesome stuff, as does Holland. You need to beat them before the 7th.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 02:43 AM)
2 runs only just horrid.

The top of the order with ADA and Youk is in a huge slump, as they're just not producing much offense. Getting ADA a few days off wouldn't be the worst thing, especially if Wise can continue to hit the ball hard.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 02:45 AM)
chen has an era over 6 his last 3 starts, you know what that means and peavy doesnt do too well against the royals :pray

How about our pitchers stop throwing Butler and Escobar fastballs on the inner half?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
How about our pitchers stop throwing Butler and Escobar fastballs on the inner half?

We attack this the same way we used to attack the Twins when they were good. We swing at breaking pitches in the dirt and take fastballs down the cock. They crush fastballs that we pour over to get ahead. They take breaking pitches. They don't beat us, we beat ourselves. We are an aggressive hacking team and they throw crap in the opposing batters box and we chase it all.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 03:57 AM)
Is it just me or does Sale's change up get hit around?

It definitely his 3rd best pitch. He didn't seem to have confidence in his slider against righties tonight, and that's the pitch that makes him a star. His numbers since the ASB have been very average though, and he's getting hurt by the long ball. His next start is probably going to be against the Yankees, but I hope they find a way to move him back a game so he can face Seattle.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 04:42 AM)
Until this team proves otherwise I consider their record 65-61. That eight additional automatic losses to KC as far as I'm concerned. Which puts them behind Detroit.

The Royals flat out play well only against a couple teams in baseball. They get up for games against the Sox and beat us like a drum. I don't know how we can stop it. Like somebody said, they throw offspeed s*** to our hitters on strikeout pitches and we lose, lose lose. It was obvious we were going to lose at least 2 of 3 to KC since just recently KC won 2 of 3 again in the Cell.