8/18 Sox @ Royals Gamethread

soxfan49

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Melton hit this on the head last night. He said that the Royals pitchers prey on our aggressive nature and we swing at breaking pitches out of the zone. Tonight we need to be patient, swing at pitches in the zone and drive the fastballs into the gaps and into the stands. We need to stop the self fulfilling prophecy of how great the Royals are when they play us. I would argue that the sox are their own worst enemy here and if we could focus and take these guys to task the same way we have done with countless teams this year we would beat them and move on. The team has had a propensity this year to play down to the level of competition. This needs to end as we can ill afford to give games like this away. These should be victories that we put in our back pocket for September. All we are doing is forcing our hand to beat the Tigers head to head. And even with that, we are putting ourselves behind the 8 ball because they are beating up on teams like this.

Hit this pile of crap pitching from the Royals and move on with a victory to the next series. f*** Chen, f*** Guthrie, f*** the Royals :headbang

I won't be able to watch the game, but I think that's a good thing.

Of course I will torture myself and continuously check the MLB app haha. Ugh wish I had the self control to not look at it cause I know I'll just be disappointed. Is there some kind of app that blocks looking at other apps? Haha

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)
But will that be enough?

Yeah it doesn't matter what Jake does. He's given good efforts most of the season but also has many CG losses on his belt given up 2-3 runs and getting ZERO support. I don't expect that to change tonight.

Here's a drinking game for tonight: take a shot every time Hawk says "Cy Chen", chug the entire bottle when he shuts the team down tonight. Fall asleep.