GT: Chicago White Sox @ at KC Royals

justBLAZE

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
Plain and simple, there's been a complete lack of focus and preparedness with the Sox this weekend. It's especially pathetic given they just saw the same 3 pitchers a week ago.

And whose fault is that?

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2677701:date=Aug 19, 2012 -> 02:40 PM:name=Cali)-->
QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 02:40 PM)
<!--quotec-->I don't know about you guys but if they miss the playoffs after having been in 1st for the majority of the year, I will consider it a disaster not to make the playoffs. Cause this team ain't gonna look the same in 2013. Go for it now.

FYI, I looked this up a while ago. The 1967 White Sox were the team that was in first place the longest without going to the playoffs (that year, obviously, it would have been the World Series). They were in first place for 91 days. There downfall was going 0-5 to end the season...against the two worst teams in the league, Kansas City and Washington.

The 2012 White Sox are now at 89 days in first (counting today).

Thank you. I was actually wondering what the record was for most days in first place without making the post season. So basically the Sox will achieve that number of days soon. Only a matter of making the post season now.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 08:58 PM)
He hit a couple hard balls today. I can't criticize him. He has been out best player all year.

Oh of course he's been our MVP, and carried this team for a very long time. You just don't want to see the bad body language/poor hustle he demonstrated in previous years. No doubt in my mind he'll get it going again soon.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 02:55 PM)
I feel like if you range that far and are throwing from the OF grass it's a hit...

thats exactly what i thought. yes pk is slow and the throw wasnt good but he had to really range to his right